*Because of high public interest, the funeral service on – Friday, November 18 at 11am – for rapper/actor/producer Heavy D will be streamed LIVE via the website www.RememberHeavyD.com Grace Baptist Church in Mt. Vernon, NY.
Rapper/producer/actor Heavy D, best known as the “Overweight Lover”, died of complications from pneumonia at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA on Tuesday, November 8th 2011 according to Heavy D’s brother, Floyd Myers. He was 44.
Rev. Dr. W. Franklyn Richardson, senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church, will officiate and deliver the eulogy, and words of greeting will be presented by Mount Vernon Mayor Clinton I. Young and Mount Vernon Mayor Elect Ernie Davis. Words of comfort will be presented by Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. W. Darin Moore, pastor of Greater Centennial AMEZ Church; and words of tribute by Sean “Diddy” Combs.
Musical tributes will be performed by R&B stars Anthony Hamilton, Johnny Gill and gospel singers Yolanda Adams and Kim Burrell.
Grace Baptist Church
One Grace Plaza
52 South Sixth Avenue (between first and second streets)
Mount Vernon, New York 10550
Born on May 24, 1967, Dwight Errington Myers was one of six children born to Clifford and Eulahlee Myers of Mandeville, Jamaica. Dwight, known to the world as Heavy D and/or Hev had countless successes and accomplishments. For all who were fortunate to know Hev, they knew that not only did he captivate audiences around the world through his career-but it was the captivation of the hearts of his family, friends and fans that will be most remembered.
According to the family:
“Hev had great love for his family and friends; he was a kind and giving spirit who extended and shared himself with everyone who crossed his path. He had a heart of gold, was approachable, very personable and gave of himself willingly and unconditionally. Though Hev will most notably be remembered for his work both behind-the-scenes and in the forefront, he will always be remembered by us as a generous soul who remained humble and unselfish till his final days.”
In lieu of flowers the family is requesting that donations be made to the Heavy D and Xea Myers Fund:
C/O JP Morgan Chase
726 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10085
Checks payable to: The Heavy D and Xea Myers Fund
For Wire Donations:
Routing Number – 021000021
Account Number – 3003286568
Heavy D Information Line: 212-381-2037
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here