After 10 days of deliberation, a jury on Monday found Dr. Conrad Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.
In the six-week trial, prosecutors accused Murray, 58, of recklessly administering a lethal dose of the powerful anesthesia propofol to the King of Pop in June of 2009.
Defense attorneys claimed that Jackson, 50, was addicted to prescription medication and gave himself the drug when Murray had his back turned.
After weighing the evidence on Friday afternoon and Monday morning, the jury sided with the prosecution and at 4:17 p.m. EST announced a verdict of guilty.
Judge Michael Pastor granted the prosecution’s request that Conrad Murray stay in jail without bail until sentencing, which has been set for Tuesday, Nov. 29th at 8:30 a.m.
“Dr. Murray’s reckless conduct in this case poses a demonstrable risk to the safety of the public,” said Judge Pastor. “If Dr. Murray remains out of custody on bond, and even though Dr. Murray is a medical doctor, even though he has been practicing, public safety demands that he be remanded.”
With that, Dr. Murray was put in handcuffs at the defense table and hauled off by the Los Angeles Sherriff’s Department.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here