After 10 days of deliberation, a jury on Monday found Dr. Conrad Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.
In the six-week trial, prosecutors accused Murray, 58, of recklessly administering a lethal dose of the powerful anesthesia propofol to the King of Pop in June of 2009.
Defense attorneys claimed that Jackson, 50, was addicted to prescription medication and gave himself the drug when Murray had his back turned.
After weighing the evidence on Friday afternoon and Monday morning, the jury sided with the prosecution and at 4:17 p.m. EST announced a verdict of guilty.
Judge Michael Pastor granted the prosecution’s request that Conrad Murray stay in jail without bail until sentencing, which has been set for Tuesday, Nov. 29th at 8:30 a.m.
“Dr. Murray’s reckless conduct in this case poses a demonstrable risk to the safety of the public,” said Judge Pastor. “If Dr. Murray remains out of custody on bond, and even though Dr. Murray is a medical doctor, even though he has been practicing, public safety demands that he be remanded.”
With that, Dr. Murray was put in handcuffs at the defense table and hauled off by the Los Angeles Sherriff’s Department.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here