After 10 days of deliberation, a jury on Monday found Dr. Conrad Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.
In the six-week trial, prosecutors accused Murray, 58, of recklessly administering a lethal dose of the powerful anesthesia propofol to the King of Pop in June of 2009.
Defense attorneys claimed that Jackson, 50, was addicted to prescription medication and gave himself the drug when Murray had his back turned.
After weighing the evidence on Friday afternoon and Monday morning, the jury sided with the prosecution and at 4:17 p.m. EST announced a verdict of guilty.
Judge Michael Pastor granted the prosecution’s request that Conrad Murray stay in jail without bail until sentencing, which has been set for Tuesday, Nov. 29th at 8:30 a.m.
“Dr. Murray’s reckless conduct in this case poses a demonstrable risk to the safety of the public,” said Judge Pastor. “If Dr. Murray remains out of custody on bond, and even though Dr. Murray is a medical doctor, even though he has been practicing, public safety demands that he be remanded.”
With that, Dr. Murray was put in handcuffs at the defense table and hauled off by the Los Angeles Sherriff’s Department.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here