*Before suddenly passing away, Heavy D did visit the doctor because he knew his health was failing. He went for a check up.
“He had gone to the doctor the day before,” a rep for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office told the NY Daily News. “He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms.”
The autopsy has been completed, but the coroner is not making the results public quite yet. They’ve got to perform the toxicology test, in which the results could take up to six weeks to return.
“He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were,” the rep said. Investigators believe that the rapper’s passing was due to a health problem.
Lt. Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department said, “There doesn’t appear to be any foul play. We believe it was medically related.”
According to Heavy D’s cousin, Ruddy Phillips, he had a bout of pneumonia after traveling from England.
The rapper/actor is survived by his parents and 13-year-old daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here