*Before suddenly passing away, Heavy D did visit the doctor because he knew his health was failing. He went for a check up.
“He had gone to the doctor the day before,” a rep for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office told the NY Daily News. “He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms.”
The autopsy has been completed, but the coroner is not making the results public quite yet. They’ve got to perform the toxicology test, in which the results could take up to six weeks to return.
“He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were,” the rep said. Investigators believe that the rapper’s passing was due to a health problem.
Lt. Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department said, “There doesn’t appear to be any foul play. We believe it was medically related.”
According to Heavy D’s cousin, Ruddy Phillips, he had a bout of pneumonia after traveling from England.
The rapper/actor is survived by his parents and 13-year-old daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues: Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here