*Before suddenly passing away, Heavy D did visit the doctor because he knew his health was failing. He went for a check up.
“He had gone to the doctor the day before,” a rep for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office told the NY Daily News. “He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms.”
The autopsy has been completed, but the coroner is not making the results public quite yet. They’ve got to perform the toxicology test, in which the results could take up to six weeks to return.
“He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were,” the rep said. Investigators believe that the rapper’s passing was due to a health problem.
Lt. Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department said, “There doesn’t appear to be any foul play. We believe it was medically related.”
According to Heavy D’s cousin, Ruddy Phillips, he had a bout of pneumonia after traveling from England.
The rapper/actor is survived by his parents and 13-year-old daughter.
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here