*Before suddenly passing away, Heavy D did visit the doctor because he knew his health was failing. He went for a check up.
“He had gone to the doctor the day before,” a rep for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office told the NY Daily News. “He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms.”
The autopsy has been completed, but the coroner is not making the results public quite yet. They’ve got to perform the toxicology test, in which the results could take up to six weeks to return.
“He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were,” the rep said. Investigators believe that the rapper’s passing was due to a health problem.
Lt. Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department said, “There doesn’t appear to be any foul play. We believe it was medically related.”
According to Heavy D’s cousin, Ruddy Phillips, he had a bout of pneumonia after traveling from England.
The rapper/actor is survived by his parents and 13-year-old daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here