*Before suddenly passing away, Heavy D did visit the doctor because he knew his health was failing. He went for a check up.
“He had gone to the doctor the day before,” a rep for the Los Angeles County Coroner’s office told the NY Daily News. “He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms.”
The autopsy has been completed, but the coroner is not making the results public quite yet. They’ve got to perform the toxicology test, in which the results could take up to six weeks to return.
“He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were,” the rep said. Investigators believe that the rapper’s passing was due to a health problem.
Lt. Mark Rosen of the Beverly Hills Police Department said, “There doesn’t appear to be any foul play. We believe it was medically related.”
According to Heavy D’s cousin, Ruddy Phillips, he had a bout of pneumonia after traveling from England.
The rapper/actor is survived by his parents and 13-year-old daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here