*Herman Cain’s chief of staff Mark Block has confirmed that the candidate told his senior staff this morning he’s reassessing whether to stay in the race, reports the National Review. Cain said that he’ll make his final decision “over the next several days,” according to the publication.
Cain’s deputy campaign manager, Linda Hansen, told ABC News that on a conference call Tuesday morning, “Mr. Cain told staff simply that, just as every time significant events occur, a reassessment is prudent.”
“A good businessman looks at the entire landscape before making decisions,” Hansen said. “He is, and has been, committed to promoting the issues and solutions that will make this nation stronger. Nothing about that has changed.”
The “reassessment” comes in the wake of Monday’s allegations from a Georgia woman who said she had a 13-year long affair with the former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza. Cain denied the affair, saying that Ginger White was a friend that he was helping financially but he did not have an extramarital affair with her.
“Now with this latest one we have to do an assessment as to whether or not this is going to create too much of a cloud in some peoples’ minds as to whether or not they should support us going forward,” Cain told about 90 people on the conference call, the Des Moines Register reported.
Cain has been dogged by reports of sexual harassment in recent weeks. Two other women have publicly accused Cain of sexual harassment when he was head of the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990′s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here