*Herman Cain’s chief of staff Mark Block has confirmed that the candidate told his senior staff this morning he’s reassessing whether to stay in the race, reports the National Review. Cain said that he’ll make his final decision “over the next several days,” according to the publication.
Cain’s deputy campaign manager, Linda Hansen, told ABC News that on a conference call Tuesday morning, “Mr. Cain told staff simply that, just as every time significant events occur, a reassessment is prudent.”
“A good businessman looks at the entire landscape before making decisions,” Hansen said. “He is, and has been, committed to promoting the issues and solutions that will make this nation stronger. Nothing about that has changed.”
The “reassessment” comes in the wake of Monday’s allegations from a Georgia woman who said she had a 13-year long affair with the former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza. Cain denied the affair, saying that Ginger White was a friend that he was helping financially but he did not have an extramarital affair with her.
“Now with this latest one we have to do an assessment as to whether or not this is going to create too much of a cloud in some peoples’ minds as to whether or not they should support us going forward,” Cain told about 90 people on the conference call, the Des Moines Register reported.
Cain has been dogged by reports of sexual harassment in recent weeks. Two other women have publicly accused Cain of sexual harassment when he was head of the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990′s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here