*Herman Cain’s chief of staff Mark Block has confirmed that the candidate told his senior staff this morning he’s reassessing whether to stay in the race, reports the National Review. Cain said that he’ll make his final decision “over the next several days,” according to the publication.
Cain’s deputy campaign manager, Linda Hansen, told ABC News that on a conference call Tuesday morning, “Mr. Cain told staff simply that, just as every time significant events occur, a reassessment is prudent.”
“A good businessman looks at the entire landscape before making decisions,” Hansen said. “He is, and has been, committed to promoting the issues and solutions that will make this nation stronger. Nothing about that has changed.”
The “reassessment” comes in the wake of Monday’s allegations from a Georgia woman who said she had a 13-year long affair with the former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza. Cain denied the affair, saying that Ginger White was a friend that he was helping financially but he did not have an extramarital affair with her.
“Now with this latest one we have to do an assessment as to whether or not this is going to create too much of a cloud in some peoples’ minds as to whether or not they should support us going forward,” Cain told about 90 people on the conference call, the Des Moines Register reported.
Cain has been dogged by reports of sexual harassment in recent weeks. Two other women have publicly accused Cain of sexual harassment when he was head of the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990′s.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here