Folks are knee deep in macaroni noodles, cheeses, eggs, sweet potatoes, collard greens, cornbread, various fowl, pork dishes and a mysterious list of ingredients for various stuffings gleaned from grandma’s recipes. Which leads us to our next issue.
What are you putting on your table? Did you know that the typical African American holiday table of the 19th century included oyster stew, yeast bread with blackberry jelly, avocado and crabmeat cocktail, eggplant casserole, suet pudding with rum sauce and squash pie? (more…)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here