Folks are knee deep in macaroni noodles, cheeses, eggs, sweet potatoes, collard greens, cornbread, various fowl, pork dishes and a mysterious list of ingredients for various stuffings gleaned from grandma’s recipes. Which leads us to our next issue.
What are you putting on your table? Did you know that the typical African American holiday table of the 19th century included oyster stew, yeast bread with blackberry jelly, avocado and crabmeat cocktail, eggplant casserole, suet pudding with rum sauce and squash pie? (more…)
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here