Folks are knee deep in macaroni noodles, cheeses, eggs, sweet potatoes, collard greens, cornbread, various fowl, pork dishes and a mysterious list of ingredients for various stuffings gleaned from grandma’s recipes. Which leads us to our next issue.
What are you putting on your table? Did you know that the typical African American holiday table of the 19th century included oyster stew, yeast bread with blackberry jelly, avocado and crabmeat cocktail, eggplant casserole, suet pudding with rum sauce and squash pie? (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here