*Looks like Jay-Z is still selling his “Occupy All Streets” t-shirts, despite claims yesterday to the contrary.
As previously reported, the New York Daily News posted a piece saying Jigga’s clothing company Rocawear had suspended sales of the tee supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement in the wake of widespread criticism. But according to a post on the Roc4Life blog, the shirts weren’t pulled, they were sold out.
The blog post states:
Holy smokes. Those “Occupy All Streets” t-shirts sold out faster than Rick Perry can name three agencies. If you missed out on the first batch, we’ve got your back like scoliosis. Rocawear has already restocked the fancy black tops — available in all sizes via Rocawear.com.
“Jay-Z, as talented as he is, has the political sensibility of a hood rat and is a scrotum,” one of the protest organizers said in response to the Occupy All Streets shirts. “To attempt to profit off the first important social moment of 50 years with an overpriced piece of cotton is an insult to the fight for economic civil rights known as #occupywallstreet.”
Russell Simmons, the music industry mogul, defended Jay-Z on Twitter. “No one ever said the proceeds were not going to the cause that’s media’s spin,” tweeted Simmons.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here