*Looks like Jay-Z is still selling his “Occupy All Streets” t-shirts, despite claims yesterday to the contrary.
As previously reported, the New York Daily News posted a piece saying Jigga’s clothing company Rocawear had suspended sales of the tee supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement in the wake of widespread criticism. But according to a post on the Roc4Life blog, the shirts weren’t pulled, they were sold out.
The blog post states:
Holy smokes. Those “Occupy All Streets” t-shirts sold out faster than Rick Perry can name three agencies. If you missed out on the first batch, we’ve got your back like scoliosis. Rocawear has already restocked the fancy black tops — available in all sizes via Rocawear.com.
“Jay-Z, as talented as he is, has the political sensibility of a hood rat and is a scrotum,” one of the protest organizers said in response to the Occupy All Streets shirts. “To attempt to profit off the first important social moment of 50 years with an overpriced piece of cotton is an insult to the fight for economic civil rights known as #occupywallstreet.”
Russell Simmons, the music industry mogul, defended Jay-Z on Twitter. “No one ever said the proceeds were not going to the cause that’s media’s spin,” tweeted Simmons.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here