*Looks like Jay-Z is still selling his “Occupy All Streets” t-shirts, despite claims yesterday to the contrary.
As previously reported, the New York Daily News posted a piece saying Jigga’s clothing company Rocawear had suspended sales of the tee supporting the Occupy Wall Street movement in the wake of widespread criticism. But according to a post on the Roc4Life blog, the shirts weren’t pulled, they were sold out.
The blog post states:
Holy smokes. Those “Occupy All Streets” t-shirts sold out faster than Rick Perry can name three agencies. If you missed out on the first batch, we’ve got your back like scoliosis. Rocawear has already restocked the fancy black tops — available in all sizes via Rocawear.com.
“Jay-Z, as talented as he is, has the political sensibility of a hood rat and is a scrotum,” one of the protest organizers said in response to the Occupy All Streets shirts. “To attempt to profit off the first important social moment of 50 years with an overpriced piece of cotton is an insult to the fight for economic civil rights known as #occupywallstreet.”
Russell Simmons, the music industry mogul, defended Jay-Z on Twitter. “No one ever said the proceeds were not going to the cause that’s media’s spin,” tweeted Simmons.
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here