*Jay-Z’s Rocawear clothing line has stopped selling online its controversial “Occupy Wall Street” themed t-shirts after the 99 percent put him on blast for attempting to profit from the movement.
The shirts, which were yanked from Rocawear’s website, featured the words “Occupy Wall Street,” but the “W” squiggled out and an “S” added to “street” — to read “Occupy All Streets.” The shirts were priced at $22.00 on Friday before they were taken off the website.
Jay-Z , whose Roc-A-Fella records and Rocawear clothing brand are named after 19th century billionaire oil magnate John D. Rockefeller, faced harsh criticism from “Occupy Wall Street” supporters over the T-shirts when it was revealed none of the profits would be shared with the protesters.
“To attempt to profit off of the first important social moment of 50 years with an overpriced piece of cotton is an insult to the fight for economic civil rights known as #occupywallstreet,” an “Occupy Wall Street” leader who goes by the pseudonym Grim told TMZ.
Jay-Z was seen sporting the “Occupy All Streets” shirt earlier this week when he hung out with hip-hop mogul and “Occupy” supporter Russell Simmons.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here