*ABC late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel will be the next comedian to match wits with President Obama.
Kimmel will headline next year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, officials announced this morning.
The association’s 98th dinner is April 28, 2012.
“Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and president of the White House Correspondents’ Association. “We are thrilled that Jimmy has accepted our invitation to be the featured comedian at our annual dinner.”
The host of Jimmy Kimmel Live! is the latest in a long line of comedians who get a chance to roast the president, the opposition party, and the media.
The president also gets to do a comedy routine, getting back at his political and journalistic tormentors.
The past two years, Obama has faced off with Jay Leno and Seth Meyers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here