*ABC late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel will be the next comedian to match wits with President Obama.
Kimmel will headline next year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, officials announced this morning.
The association’s 98th dinner is April 28, 2012.
“Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and president of the White House Correspondents’ Association. “We are thrilled that Jimmy has accepted our invitation to be the featured comedian at our annual dinner.”
The host of Jimmy Kimmel Live! is the latest in a long line of comedians who get a chance to roast the president, the opposition party, and the media.
The president also gets to do a comedy routine, getting back at his political and journalistic tormentors.
The past two years, Obama has faced off with Jay Leno and Seth Meyers.
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here