*ABC late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel will be the next comedian to match wits with President Obama.
Kimmel will headline next year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, officials announced this morning.
The association’s 98th dinner is April 28, 2012.
“Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and president of the White House Correspondents’ Association. “We are thrilled that Jimmy has accepted our invitation to be the featured comedian at our annual dinner.”
The host of Jimmy Kimmel Live! is the latest in a long line of comedians who get a chance to roast the president, the opposition party, and the media.
The president also gets to do a comedy routine, getting back at his political and journalistic tormentors.
The past two years, Obama has faced off with Jay Leno and Seth Meyers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here