*R&B star John Legend, who is already a board member for the New York-based Education Equality Project, has now been appointed to the Stand For Children Leadership Board of Directors, whose mission is to help all children get the excellent public education and strong support they need to thrive.
Legend’s new role is the result of a partnership between officials at the Stand For Children non-profit organization in Oregon and the Education Equality Project. Together, the volunteers are aiming to close the gaps in kids’ achievement across the U.S.
The crooner has long been focused on improving education in the U.S. and reversing the high drop-out rate in impoverished communities.
In July, he teamed up with advertising giant Proctor & Gamble to shoot a series of commercials and online ads to raise money for Communities in Schools, an organization which empowers students and encourages them to succeed.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here