*R&B star John Legend, who is already a board member for the New York-based Education Equality Project, has now been appointed to the Stand For Children Leadership Board of Directors, whose mission is to help all children get the excellent public education and strong support they need to thrive.
Legend’s new role is the result of a partnership between officials at the Stand For Children non-profit organization in Oregon and the Education Equality Project. Together, the volunteers are aiming to close the gaps in kids’ achievement across the U.S.
The crooner has long been focused on improving education in the U.S. and reversing the high drop-out rate in impoverished communities.
In July, he teamed up with advertising giant Proctor & Gamble to shoot a series of commercials and online ads to raise money for Communities in Schools, an organization which empowers students and encourages them to succeed.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here