In the sports world, former NY Giants star linebacker Lawrence Taylor has joined the bunch of celebrities in the sports industry who now have the scarlet letter tattooed on his reputation.
The 52-year-old Pro Football Hall of Famer is being sued by the teenage girl he admitted having sex within a case that he plead guilty to earlier this year.
Cristina Fierro filed the suit on Monday in New York and is seeking both compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
“I feel as though he should be accountable for his crimes and misconduct toward me,” Fierro said at a news conference Monday, flanked by lawyer Gloria Allred.
Taylor’s lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said in a statement that because of the suit, Taylor and other witnesses “will have to reveal the rather disparaging truth about Ms. Fierro.”
Allred said she believed this was the first time the federal Trafficking Victims Protection Act had been used to sue a buyer of commercial sex.
Taylor was sentenced to six years probation under a plea deal. He was initially charged with third-degree rape, but took a lesser charge of sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute.
Fierro was 16 at the time of the crime in May 2010.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here