In the sports world, former NY Giants star linebacker Lawrence Taylor has joined the bunch of celebrities in the sports industry who now have the scarlet letter tattooed on his reputation.
The 52-year-old Pro Football Hall of Famer is being sued by the teenage girl he admitted having sex within a case that he plead guilty to earlier this year.
Cristina Fierro filed the suit on Monday in New York and is seeking both compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
“I feel as though he should be accountable for his crimes and misconduct toward me,” Fierro said at a news conference Monday, flanked by lawyer Gloria Allred.
Taylor’s lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said in a statement that because of the suit, Taylor and other witnesses “will have to reveal the rather disparaging truth about Ms. Fierro.”
Allred said she believed this was the first time the federal Trafficking Victims Protection Act had been used to sue a buyer of commercial sex.
Taylor was sentenced to six years probation under a plea deal. He was initially charged with third-degree rape, but took a lesser charge of sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute.
Fierro was 16 at the time of the crime in May 2010.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here