In the sports world, former NY Giants star linebacker Lawrence Taylor has joined the bunch of celebrities in the sports industry who now have the scarlet letter tattooed on his reputation.
The 52-year-old Pro Football Hall of Famer is being sued by the teenage girl he admitted having sex within a case that he plead guilty to earlier this year.
Cristina Fierro filed the suit on Monday in New York and is seeking both compensatory and punitive damages to be determined at trial.
“I feel as though he should be accountable for his crimes and misconduct toward me,” Fierro said at a news conference Monday, flanked by lawyer Gloria Allred.
Taylor’s lawyer, Arthur Aidala, said in a statement that because of the suit, Taylor and other witnesses “will have to reveal the rather disparaging truth about Ms. Fierro.”
Allred said she believed this was the first time the federal Trafficking Victims Protection Act had been used to sue a buyer of commercial sex.
Taylor was sentenced to six years probation under a plea deal. He was initially charged with third-degree rape, but took a lesser charge of sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute.
Fierro was 16 at the time of the crime in May 2010.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here