*Video of America’s first African-American First Lady being booed by a predominantly-white crowd of NASCAR fans this weekend in Homestead was of course noted by Rush Limbaugh.
He went on his radio show Monday to defend the folks in the stands, saying the boos rang out because Michelle Obama has a bit of “uppity-ism.”
The black community associates the term “uppity” (usually paired with the N-word) with white racists suggesting an African-American is being presumptuous by not knowing his or her proper, lesser, place.
Limbaugh used the term while attempting to label Mrs. Obama as using taxpayer dollars to foot an extravagant lifestyle that NASCAR folks just “don’t quite understand.” His full statement:
“We don’t like paying millions of dollars for Mrs. Obama’s vacations. The NASCAR crowd doesn’t quite understand why when the husband and the wife are going to the same place, the first lady has to take her own Boeing 757 with family and kids and hangers-on four hours earlier than her husband, who will be on his 747. NASCAR people understand that’s a little bit of a waste. They understand it’s a little bit of uppity-ism.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here