*Video of America’s first African-American First Lady being booed by a predominantly-white crowd of NASCAR fans this weekend in Homestead was of course noted by Rush Limbaugh.
He went on his radio show Monday to defend the folks in the stands, saying the boos rang out because Michelle Obama has a bit of “uppity-ism.”
The black community associates the term “uppity” (usually paired with the N-word) with white racists suggesting an African-American is being presumptuous by not knowing his or her proper, lesser, place.
Limbaugh used the term while attempting to label Mrs. Obama as using taxpayer dollars to foot an extravagant lifestyle that NASCAR folks just “don’t quite understand.” His full statement:
“We don’t like paying millions of dollars for Mrs. Obama’s vacations. The NASCAR crowd doesn’t quite understand why when the husband and the wife are going to the same place, the first lady has to take her own Boeing 757 with family and kids and hangers-on four hours earlier than her husband, who will be on his 747. NASCAR people understand that’s a little bit of a waste. They understand it’s a little bit of uppity-ism.”
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here