*Video of America’s first African-American First Lady being booed by a predominantly-white crowd of NASCAR fans this weekend in Homestead was of course noted by Rush Limbaugh.
He went on his radio show Monday to defend the folks in the stands, saying the boos rang out because Michelle Obama has a bit of “uppity-ism.”
The black community associates the term “uppity” (usually paired with the N-word) with white racists suggesting an African-American is being presumptuous by not knowing his or her proper, lesser, place.
Limbaugh used the term while attempting to label Mrs. Obama as using taxpayer dollars to foot an extravagant lifestyle that NASCAR folks just “don’t quite understand.” His full statement:
“We don’t like paying millions of dollars for Mrs. Obama’s vacations. The NASCAR crowd doesn’t quite understand why when the husband and the wife are going to the same place, the first lady has to take her own Boeing 757 with family and kids and hangers-on four hours earlier than her husband, who will be on his 747. NASCAR people understand that’s a little bit of a waste. They understand it’s a little bit of uppity-ism.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here