*Michael Jackson’s estate is in talks with Hollywood producers about bringing the late singer’s life to the big screen, reports Variety.
The project is likely to cover only certain periods of Jackson’s life, though these have not been specified. Tom Pollock of the Montecito Picture Company has confirmed he and partner Ivan Reitman, director of “Ghostbusters,” are in early negotiations with the estate, though no deal is yet in place. Representatives of the estate are yet to confirm the report.
The prospect of a Jackson biopic has been touted ever since the singer’s death in June 2009 following an accidental overdose of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol. Jackson’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter over the killing earlier this month and faces up to four years in prison.
Earlier reports of a biopic suggested that Johnny Depp and Jamie Foxx might play the king of pop at different stages of his life, but these went unconfirmed. Depp said in 2009 that he had “never ever thought of playing Michael Jackson in a film.”
Jackson’s estate is currently focused on Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour, a production by the Montreal-based troupe Cirque du Soleil, which debuted last month. The production uses Jackson’s music as a backdrop for acrobatic performances.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here