*Michael Jackson’s estate is in talks with Hollywood producers about bringing the late singer’s life to the big screen, reports Variety.
The project is likely to cover only certain periods of Jackson’s life, though these have not been specified. Tom Pollock of the Montecito Picture Company has confirmed he and partner Ivan Reitman, director of “Ghostbusters,” are in early negotiations with the estate, though no deal is yet in place. Representatives of the estate are yet to confirm the report.
The prospect of a Jackson biopic has been touted ever since the singer’s death in June 2009 following an accidental overdose of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol. Jackson’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter over the killing earlier this month and faces up to four years in prison.
Earlier reports of a biopic suggested that Johnny Depp and Jamie Foxx might play the king of pop at different stages of his life, but these went unconfirmed. Depp said in 2009 that he had “never ever thought of playing Michael Jackson in a film.”
Jackson’s estate is currently focused on Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour, a production by the Montreal-based troupe Cirque du Soleil, which debuted last month. The production uses Jackson’s music as a backdrop for acrobatic performances.
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here