*Michael Jackson’s estate is in talks with Hollywood producers about bringing the late singer’s life to the big screen, reports Variety.
The project is likely to cover only certain periods of Jackson’s life, though these have not been specified. Tom Pollock of the Montecito Picture Company has confirmed he and partner Ivan Reitman, director of “Ghostbusters,” are in early negotiations with the estate, though no deal is yet in place. Representatives of the estate are yet to confirm the report.
The prospect of a Jackson biopic has been touted ever since the singer’s death in June 2009 following an accidental overdose of the powerful surgical anesthetic propofol. Jackson’s personal doctor, Conrad Murray, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter over the killing earlier this month and faces up to four years in prison.
Earlier reports of a biopic suggested that Johnny Depp and Jamie Foxx might play the king of pop at different stages of his life, but these went unconfirmed. Depp said in 2009 that he had “never ever thought of playing Michael Jackson in a film.”
Jackson’s estate is currently focused on Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour, a production by the Montreal-based troupe Cirque du Soleil, which debuted last month. The production uses Jackson’s music as a backdrop for acrobatic performances.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here