*Several Hip Hop moms got together to help raise money for cancer research recently at a St. Jude’s Hospital benefit event in Atlanta.
Loraine Smith, Ne-Yo’s mama, Aliya “Mama Pain” Najm, the mother of T-Pain, and Jacida Carter, Lil Wayne’s mama, joined St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and created the Inaugural Soul Celebration to help raise money and awareness for cancer research.
Mama Ne-Yo explained:
“My experience at St. Jude’s was miraculous in that I was very surprised to see the children are not sorrowful and not sad. But they were running the hospital. They were pulling each other around the hospital in little red wagons. And they were indulging in artistic endeavors. One of the great things about St. Jude’s Hospital is no family is turned away because of the inability to pay for services.”
With the funds raised children’s families that are unable to pay for services.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here