*Several Hip Hop moms got together to help raise money for cancer research recently at a St. Jude’s Hospital benefit event in Atlanta.
Loraine Smith, Ne-Yo’s mama, Aliya “Mama Pain” Najm, the mother of T-Pain, and Jacida Carter, Lil Wayne’s mama, joined St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and created the Inaugural Soul Celebration to help raise money and awareness for cancer research.
Mama Ne-Yo explained:
“My experience at St. Jude’s was miraculous in that I was very surprised to see the children are not sorrowful and not sad. But they were running the hospital. They were pulling each other around the hospital in little red wagons. And they were indulging in artistic endeavors. One of the great things about St. Jude’s Hospital is no family is turned away because of the inability to pay for services.”
With the funds raised children’s families that are unable to pay for services.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here