*Several Hip Hop moms got together to help raise money for cancer research recently at a St. Jude’s Hospital benefit event in Atlanta.
Loraine Smith, Ne-Yo’s mama, Aliya “Mama Pain” Najm, the mother of T-Pain, and Jacida Carter, Lil Wayne’s mama, joined St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and created the Inaugural Soul Celebration to help raise money and awareness for cancer research.
Mama Ne-Yo explained:
“My experience at St. Jude’s was miraculous in that I was very surprised to see the children are not sorrowful and not sad. But they were running the hospital. They were pulling each other around the hospital in little red wagons. And they were indulging in artistic endeavors. One of the great things about St. Jude’s Hospital is no family is turned away because of the inability to pay for services.”
With the funds raised children’s families that are unable to pay for services.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here