*ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) kicks off its 3rd annual ASCAP Presents… Women Behind the Music Series Nov. 9th in New York City with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Monica, music industry executive Phillana Williams and music industry powerbroker, manager and executive, Mona Scott-Young.
The series is designed to encourage and recognize women in the music community, highlighting not only women songwriters and artists, but women working in all facets of the business, including managers, attorneys, label executives and music publishers.
This year’s series is sponsored by “Qream created by Pharrell Williams.” Following New York City, the series then heads to Los Angeles (Nov. 10) with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and performer Siedah Garrett and Atlanta (Nov. 18) with Grammy nominated singer/songwriter artist Janelle Monae.
Each event features three honorees and a moderator who will share “Her Story” about navigating the music business. The honorees will be presented with a special memento in recognition of their contributions to music.
Last year’s series included Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Kelly Rowland of Destiny’s Child, singer/songwriter Melanie Fiona and Sheila E amongst other entertainers and industry executives.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here