*ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) kicks off its 3rd annual ASCAP Presents… Women Behind the Music Series Nov. 9th in New York City with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Monica, music industry executive Phillana Williams and music industry powerbroker, manager and executive, Mona Scott-Young.
The series is designed to encourage and recognize women in the music community, highlighting not only women songwriters and artists, but women working in all facets of the business, including managers, attorneys, label executives and music publishers.
This year’s series is sponsored by “Qream created by Pharrell Williams.” Following New York City, the series then heads to Los Angeles (Nov. 10) with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and performer Siedah Garrett and Atlanta (Nov. 18) with Grammy nominated singer/songwriter artist Janelle Monae.
Each event features three honorees and a moderator who will share “Her Story” about navigating the music business. The honorees will be presented with a special memento in recognition of their contributions to music.
Last year’s series included Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Kelly Rowland of Destiny’s Child, singer/songwriter Melanie Fiona and Sheila E amongst other entertainers and industry executives.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here