*ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) kicks off its 3rd annual ASCAP Presents… Women Behind the Music Series Nov. 9th in New York City with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Monica, music industry executive Phillana Williams and music industry powerbroker, manager and executive, Mona Scott-Young.
The series is designed to encourage and recognize women in the music community, highlighting not only women songwriters and artists, but women working in all facets of the business, including managers, attorneys, label executives and music publishers.
This year’s series is sponsored by “Qream created by Pharrell Williams.” Following New York City, the series then heads to Los Angeles (Nov. 10) with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and performer Siedah Garrett and Atlanta (Nov. 18) with Grammy nominated singer/songwriter artist Janelle Monae.
Each event features three honorees and a moderator who will share “Her Story” about navigating the music business. The honorees will be presented with a special memento in recognition of their contributions to music.
Last year’s series included Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Kelly Rowland of Destiny’s Child, singer/songwriter Melanie Fiona and Sheila E amongst other entertainers and industry executives.
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here