*ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) kicks off its 3rd annual ASCAP Presents… Women Behind the Music Series Nov. 9th in New York City with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Monica, music industry executive Phillana Williams and music industry powerbroker, manager and executive, Mona Scott-Young.
The series is designed to encourage and recognize women in the music community, highlighting not only women songwriters and artists, but women working in all facets of the business, including managers, attorneys, label executives and music publishers.
This year’s series is sponsored by “Qream created by Pharrell Williams.” Following New York City, the series then heads to Los Angeles (Nov. 10) with Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and performer Siedah Garrett and Atlanta (Nov. 18) with Grammy nominated singer/songwriter artist Janelle Monae.
Each event features three honorees and a moderator who will share “Her Story” about navigating the music business. The honorees will be presented with a special memento in recognition of their contributions to music.
Last year’s series included Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Kelly Rowland of Destiny’s Child, singer/songwriter Melanie Fiona and Sheila E amongst other entertainers and industry executives.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here