*The documentary film that Dr. Conrad Murray’s camp was shopping way before his guilty verdict on Monday not only has a buyer, but a premiere date this week.
Cable network MSNBC said Monday that it will air “Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship” at 10 p.m. ET Friday, according to The Hollywood Reporter. As previously reported, the film chronicles the trial from the points of view of Murray and his defense team, giving “an exclusive look into the past two years of Murray’s life.”
Murray will reveal personal details of his relationship with Jackson, his role within the singer’s family life, the intense pressures that Jackson felt leading up to his tour and what happened the day Jackson died.
The documentary, directed by Tom Roberts, is from October Films, which spent two years with Murray and his defense team. It also will take viewers behind the closed-door meetings with Murray’s attorneys.
NBC’s “Today” aired a preview of the film this morning, which will repeat on MSNBC at 9 p.m. ET Sunday.
“Michael Jackson and the Doctor” is an October Films and What’s It All About? Productions co-production in association with MSNBC. Zodiak Rights controls worldwide distribution rights to the documentary and has already secured pre-sales with broadcasters around the world, including Channel 4 in the U.K. and Nine Network in Australia.
Zodiak also said Monday that it has acquired international rights to an exclusive news interview with Murray that was conducted by U.K. broadcaster Steve Hewlett on Oct. 30. The company said this is the only interview Murray plans to give.
Jackson died June 25, 2009, of acute propofol intoxication after suffering cardiac arrest in his home. Murray, Jackson’s personal physician, had been charged with administering the fatal dose.
Following the reading of the verdict, Murray was remanded to custody without bail. He will be sentenced on Nov. 29 at 8:30 a.m. PT and could face up to four years in prison and lose his medical license.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here