*The NBA lockout has inspired some creativity among the pros, which are forced to find other means of income, entertainment, and good basketball.
Some of the leading players, including LeBron James, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony, are digging deep to please the fans and establish an unofficial season of basketball.
The All-Star group is planning to lead a four-game “Homecoming Tour” that will make stops in Akron, Ohio on Dec. 1, New Orleans on Dec. 4, Chicago on Dec. 7 and East Rutherford, N.J. on Dec. 10.
Proceeds from the games will go toward food drives, educational outreach programs, and clinics in each city. The games will be brought to audiences worldwide via Google Plus, which will stream each one live.
It’ll be very neat,” Wade told The Associated Press. “First of all, this is something we talked about doing a long time ago as players. To have an opportunity to go to these different cities that we’re from, to bring basketball to them at a high level and also have a charitable component in each city and to be with the guys, it’ll be cool. It’s something we’re looking forward to.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here