*Fresh from her standout performance in “The Help,” breakout star Octavia Spencer has signed on to star alongside Julianne Hough and Russell Brand in Oscar winner Diablo Cody’s untitled directorial debut.
The project, which was once titled “Lamb of God,” follows a young conservative religious woman (Hough) who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith. Brand plays her unlikely companion who helps her find herself.
Spencer will play a card dealer who works at the same casino as Brand and wants to help her in her quest for sin. The movie is heading for a spring 2012 start.
Cody, an Oscar winner for “Juno,” penned Jason Reitman’s “Young Adult,” which Paramount will release in December.
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here