*The $12 million infusion into Oprah Winfrey’s OWN from partner Discovery Communications has yet to help the cable channel turn a profit, according to the New York Post.
As previously reported, Discovery spent an additional $12 million on its joint venture with Winfrey in the third quarter — however, the network is still a money loser.
David Zaslav, Discovery CEO, remains upbeat on OWN’s prospects, saying that advertisers had renewed deals and that the focus is on adding distribution.
Discovery, spent big on marketing promoting the arrival of Oprah’s “Lifeclass,” at 8 p.m. and the premiere of Rosie O’Donnell’s 7 p.m. talk show in October. The company reported 3 million online streams of the nightly self-help strip fronted by Oprah and comprising refreshed library content.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here