*The $12 million infusion into Oprah Winfrey’s OWN from partner Discovery Communications has yet to help the cable channel turn a profit, according to the New York Post.
As previously reported, Discovery spent an additional $12 million on its joint venture with Winfrey in the third quarter — however, the network is still a money loser.
David Zaslav, Discovery CEO, remains upbeat on OWN’s prospects, saying that advertisers had renewed deals and that the focus is on adding distribution.
Discovery, spent big on marketing promoting the arrival of Oprah’s “Lifeclass,” at 8 p.m. and the premiere of Rosie O’Donnell’s 7 p.m. talk show in October. The company reported 3 million online streams of the nightly self-help strip fronted by Oprah and comprising refreshed library content.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here