*The $12 million infusion into Oprah Winfrey’s OWN from partner Discovery Communications has yet to help the cable channel turn a profit, according to the New York Post.
As previously reported, Discovery spent an additional $12 million on its joint venture with Winfrey in the third quarter — however, the network is still a money loser.
David Zaslav, Discovery CEO, remains upbeat on OWN’s prospects, saying that advertisers had renewed deals and that the focus is on adding distribution.
Discovery, spent big on marketing promoting the arrival of Oprah’s “Lifeclass,” at 8 p.m. and the premiere of Rosie O’Donnell’s 7 p.m. talk show in October. The company reported 3 million online streams of the nightly self-help strip fronted by Oprah and comprising refreshed library content.
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here