*The $12 million infusion into Oprah Winfrey’s OWN from partner Discovery Communications has yet to help the cable channel turn a profit, according to the New York Post.
As previously reported, Discovery spent an additional $12 million on its joint venture with Winfrey in the third quarter — however, the network is still a money loser.
David Zaslav, Discovery CEO, remains upbeat on OWN’s prospects, saying that advertisers had renewed deals and that the focus is on adding distribution.
Discovery, spent big on marketing promoting the arrival of Oprah’s “Lifeclass,” at 8 p.m. and the premiere of Rosie O’Donnell’s 7 p.m. talk show in October. The company reported 3 million online streams of the nightly self-help strip fronted by Oprah and comprising refreshed library content.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here