*The $12 million infusion into Oprah Winfrey’s OWN from partner Discovery Communications has yet to help the cable channel turn a profit, according to the New York Post.
As previously reported, Discovery spent an additional $12 million on its joint venture with Winfrey in the third quarter — however, the network is still a money loser.
David Zaslav, Discovery CEO, remains upbeat on OWN’s prospects, saying that advertisers had renewed deals and that the focus is on adding distribution.
Discovery, spent big on marketing promoting the arrival of Oprah’s “Lifeclass,” at 8 p.m. and the premiere of Rosie O’Donnell’s 7 p.m. talk show in October. The company reported 3 million online streams of the nightly self-help strip fronted by Oprah and comprising refreshed library content.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here