*Oprah doesn’t know the meaning of rest, stop or slow down. She’s stoking the flame of her thespian spirit and wants to get back to acting.
The 57-year-old former talk show diva is planning to return to the big screen. She last starred in 1998’s “Beloved.”
“For years, I couldn’t do it …,” Winfrey said to Variety. “If a film comes along that I feel really speaks to me, I would do it … I am the most relaxed I have ever been in my life doing a film because it’s the only real vacation I get [and] I no longer have to be myself … I just love the opportunity to submerge into somebody else’s life and not to have to deal with my own for a while,” she added.
Right now she’s working on a project about the inner workings of a home shopping channel with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock.
The big screen is not the only thing on Winfrey’s mind. She’s also been talking about starring in a stage production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here