*Oprah doesn’t know the meaning of rest, stop or slow down. She’s stoking the flame of her thespian spirit and wants to get back to acting.
The 57-year-old former talk show diva is planning to return to the big screen. She last starred in 1998’s “Beloved.”
“For years, I couldn’t do it …,” Winfrey said to Variety. “If a film comes along that I feel really speaks to me, I would do it … I am the most relaxed I have ever been in my life doing a film because it’s the only real vacation I get [and] I no longer have to be myself … I just love the opportunity to submerge into somebody else’s life and not to have to deal with my own for a while,” she added.
Right now she’s working on a project about the inner workings of a home shopping channel with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock.
The big screen is not the only thing on Winfrey’s mind. She’s also been talking about starring in a stage production.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here