*Oprah doesn’t know the meaning of rest, stop or slow down. She’s stoking the flame of her thespian spirit and wants to get back to acting.
The 57-year-old former talk show diva is planning to return to the big screen. She last starred in 1998’s “Beloved.”
“For years, I couldn’t do it …,” Winfrey said to Variety. “If a film comes along that I feel really speaks to me, I would do it … I am the most relaxed I have ever been in my life doing a film because it’s the only real vacation I get [and] I no longer have to be myself … I just love the opportunity to submerge into somebody else’s life and not to have to deal with my own for a while,” she added.
Right now she’s working on a project about the inner workings of a home shopping channel with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock.
The big screen is not the only thing on Winfrey’s mind. She’s also been talking about starring in a stage production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here