*Oprah doesn’t know the meaning of rest, stop or slow down. She’s stoking the flame of her thespian spirit and wants to get back to acting.
The 57-year-old former talk show diva is planning to return to the big screen. She last starred in 1998’s “Beloved.”
“For years, I couldn’t do it …,” Winfrey said to Variety. “If a film comes along that I feel really speaks to me, I would do it … I am the most relaxed I have ever been in my life doing a film because it’s the only real vacation I get [and] I no longer have to be myself … I just love the opportunity to submerge into somebody else’s life and not to have to deal with my own for a while,” she added.
Right now she’s working on a project about the inner workings of a home shopping channel with Meryl Streep and Sandra Bullock.
The big screen is not the only thing on Winfrey’s mind. She’s also been talking about starring in a stage production.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here