He commented that without his pardoning the plump birds, they’d end up on someone’s Thanksgiving plate.
Obama said Liberty had the distinction of being “the luckiest bird on the face of the earth.”
“Right now, he’s also probably one of the most confused,” Obama said.
The prez also took the time to recall the meaning of the holiday, recognizing that soldiers in the military are overseas away from their families this Thanksgiving.
“Let’s think about those who can’t spend the holiday with their loved ones, especially the members of our military serving overseas,” he said. “I’d like to thank all our men and women in uniform, and their families, for their incredible service and devotion.”
- Sandra Bland’s Family Proceeds with Federal Lawsuit
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here