He commented that without his pardoning the plump birds, they’d end up on someone’s Thanksgiving plate.
Obama said Liberty had the distinction of being “the luckiest bird on the face of the earth.”
“Right now, he’s also probably one of the most confused,” Obama said.
The prez also took the time to recall the meaning of the holiday, recognizing that soldiers in the military are overseas away from their families this Thanksgiving.
“Let’s think about those who can’t spend the holiday with their loved ones, especially the members of our military serving overseas,” he said. “I’d like to thank all our men and women in uniform, and their families, for their incredible service and devotion.”
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here