*In an interview with More magazine, Queen Latifah opens up about the devastating loss of her brother and admits she wants to adopt a child as soon as next year.
“I’m definitely going to adopt – or have – a child,” she tells the publication. “I’ve wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18 years old.”
In discussing the 1992 death of her older brother Lance Owens – who died at the age of 24 while riding a motorcycle that she’d bought him – the 41-year-old Jersey-born rapper -turned-actress says the ordeal has inspired her to live life to the fullest.
“I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living,” says the Chicago actress who often wears her late brother’s motorcycle keys around her neck.
“As my Aunt Elaine says, ‘You never get over it, but you get through it’. I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living. I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Janet Jackson, Husband Spotted at Paris Fashion Week
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here