*In an interview with More magazine, Queen Latifah opens up about the devastating loss of her brother and admits she wants to adopt a child as soon as next year.
“I’m definitely going to adopt – or have – a child,” she tells the publication. “I’ve wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18 years old.”
In discussing the 1992 death of her older brother Lance Owens – who died at the age of 24 while riding a motorcycle that she’d bought him – the 41-year-old Jersey-born rapper -turned-actress says the ordeal has inspired her to live life to the fullest.
“I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living,” says the Chicago actress who often wears her late brother’s motorcycle keys around her neck.
“As my Aunt Elaine says, ‘You never get over it, but you get through it’. I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living. I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here