*In an interview with More magazine, Queen Latifah opens up about the devastating loss of her brother and admits she wants to adopt a child as soon as next year.
“I’m definitely going to adopt – or have – a child,” she tells the publication. “I’ve wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18 years old.”
In discussing the 1992 death of her older brother Lance Owens – who died at the age of 24 while riding a motorcycle that she’d bought him – the 41-year-old Jersey-born rapper -turned-actress says the ordeal has inspired her to live life to the fullest.
“I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living,” says the Chicago actress who often wears her late brother’s motorcycle keys around her neck.
“As my Aunt Elaine says, ‘You never get over it, but you get through it’. I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living. I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery.”
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here