*In an interview with More magazine, Queen Latifah opens up about the devastating loss of her brother and admits she wants to adopt a child as soon as next year.
“I’m definitely going to adopt – or have – a child,” she tells the publication. “I’ve wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18 years old.”
In discussing the 1992 death of her older brother Lance Owens – who died at the age of 24 while riding a motorcycle that she’d bought him – the 41-year-old Jersey-born rapper -turned-actress says the ordeal has inspired her to live life to the fullest.
“I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living,” says the Chicago actress who often wears her late brother’s motorcycle keys around her neck.
“As my Aunt Elaine says, ‘You never get over it, but you get through it’. I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living. I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here