*In an interview with More magazine, Queen Latifah opens up about the devastating loss of her brother and admits she wants to adopt a child as soon as next year.
“I’m definitely going to adopt – or have – a child,” she tells the publication. “I’ve wanted to adopt since I was 17 or 18 years old.”
In discussing the 1992 death of her older brother Lance Owens – who died at the age of 24 while riding a motorcycle that she’d bought him – the 41-year-old Jersey-born rapper -turned-actress says the ordeal has inspired her to live life to the fullest.
“I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living,” says the Chicago actress who often wears her late brother’s motorcycle keys around her neck.
“As my Aunt Elaine says, ‘You never get over it, but you get through it’. I think the most important thing I’ve learned is to not stop living. I know for a fact that my brother would not want me to stay right there, stuck in that misery.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here