*Legendary rapper-producer Erick Sermon, 42, is recovering in a hospital after suffering a heart attack last week.
News of the EPMD star’s hospitalization broke over the weekend when the group’s longtime collaborator DJ Scratch tweeted, “Erick Sermon had a heart attack… He’s ok, but still send your prayers.”
Sermon, listed in stable condition at press time, has since assured fans he is doing well, and is expected to be released from the hospital later this week.
“I’m good! I got two more tests on Monday and Tuesday then I’m home hopefully on Wednesday,” he tells GlobalGrind.com.
Before embarking on his successful solo career, Sermon scored several hits–including 1987’s “It’s My Thing,”–with Parrish Smith as part of EPMD (Erick and Parrish Making Dollars). His first solo album “No Pressure” was released in 1993.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here