*Legendary rapper-producer Erick Sermon, 42, is recovering in a hospital after suffering a heart attack last week.
News of the EPMD star’s hospitalization broke over the weekend when the group’s longtime collaborator DJ Scratch tweeted, “Erick Sermon had a heart attack… He’s ok, but still send your prayers.”
Sermon, listed in stable condition at press time, has since assured fans he is doing well, and is expected to be released from the hospital later this week.
“I’m good! I got two more tests on Monday and Tuesday then I’m home hopefully on Wednesday,” he tells GlobalGrind.com.
Before embarking on his successful solo career, Sermon scored several hits–including 1987’s “It’s My Thing,”–with Parrish Smith as part of EPMD (Erick and Parrish Making Dollars). His first solo album “No Pressure” was released in 1993.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here