*Legendary rapper-producer Erick Sermon, 42, is recovering in a hospital after suffering a heart attack last week.
News of the EPMD star’s hospitalization broke over the weekend when the group’s longtime collaborator DJ Scratch tweeted, “Erick Sermon had a heart attack… He’s ok, but still send your prayers.”
Sermon, listed in stable condition at press time, has since assured fans he is doing well, and is expected to be released from the hospital later this week.
“I’m good! I got two more tests on Monday and Tuesday then I’m home hopefully on Wednesday,” he tells GlobalGrind.com.
Before embarking on his successful solo career, Sermon scored several hits–including 1987’s “It’s My Thing,”–with Parrish Smith as part of EPMD (Erick and Parrish Making Dollars). His first solo album “No Pressure” was released in 1993.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here