*Legendary rapper-producer Erick Sermon, 42, is recovering in a hospital after suffering a heart attack last week.
News of the EPMD star’s hospitalization broke over the weekend when the group’s longtime collaborator DJ Scratch tweeted, “Erick Sermon had a heart attack… He’s ok, but still send your prayers.”
Sermon, listed in stable condition at press time, has since assured fans he is doing well, and is expected to be released from the hospital later this week.
“I’m good! I got two more tests on Monday and Tuesday then I’m home hopefully on Wednesday,” he tells GlobalGrind.com.
Before embarking on his successful solo career, Sermon scored several hits–including 1987’s “It’s My Thing,”–with Parrish Smith as part of EPMD (Erick and Parrish Making Dollars). His first solo album “No Pressure” was released in 1993.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here