*TMZ is reporting that music legend Sly Stone has copped a plea that will keep him out of jail on cocaine charges.
The 68-year-old musician was arrested on April 1 after police claimed he was in possession of freebase cocaine.
Under the deal, Sly, who has already completed 30 days of in-patient rehab, must commit to an additional 60 days. He pled no contest in court today and the judge imposed the sentence. If Stone completes his rehab on time, the judge will dismiss the case outright and there will be no probation, reports TMZ.
Sly’s lawyers James E. Silverstein and Peter Knecht tell the website, “We are very pleased with the outcome of this case.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here