*TMZ is reporting that music legend Sly Stone has copped a plea that will keep him out of jail on cocaine charges.
The 68-year-old musician was arrested on April 1 after police claimed he was in possession of freebase cocaine.
Under the deal, Sly, who has already completed 30 days of in-patient rehab, must commit to an additional 60 days. He pled no contest in court today and the judge imposed the sentence. If Stone completes his rehab on time, the judge will dismiss the case outright and there will be no probation, reports TMZ.
Sly’s lawyers James E. Silverstein and Peter Knecht tell the website, “We are very pleased with the outcome of this case.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here