*TMZ is reporting that music legend Sly Stone has copped a plea that will keep him out of jail on cocaine charges.
The 68-year-old musician was arrested on April 1 after police claimed he was in possession of freebase cocaine.
Under the deal, Sly, who has already completed 30 days of in-patient rehab, must commit to an additional 60 days. He pled no contest in court today and the judge imposed the sentence. If Stone completes his rehab on time, the judge will dismiss the case outright and there will be no probation, reports TMZ.
Sly’s lawyers James E. Silverstein and Peter Knecht tell the website, “We are very pleased with the outcome of this case.”
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here