*TMZ is reporting that music legend Sly Stone has copped a plea that will keep him out of jail on cocaine charges.
The 68-year-old musician was arrested on April 1 after police claimed he was in possession of freebase cocaine.
Under the deal, Sly, who has already completed 30 days of in-patient rehab, must commit to an additional 60 days. He pled no contest in court today and the judge imposed the sentence. If Stone completes his rehab on time, the judge will dismiss the case outright and there will be no probation, reports TMZ.
Sly’s lawyers James E. Silverstein and Peter Knecht tell the website, “We are very pleased with the outcome of this case.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here