*TMZ is reporting that music legend Sly Stone has copped a plea that will keep him out of jail on cocaine charges.
The 68-year-old musician was arrested on April 1 after police claimed he was in possession of freebase cocaine.
Under the deal, Sly, who has already completed 30 days of in-patient rehab, must commit to an additional 60 days. He pled no contest in court today and the judge imposed the sentence. If Stone completes his rehab on time, the judge will dismiss the case outright and there will be no probation, reports TMZ.
Sly’s lawyers James E. Silverstein and Peter Knecht tell the website, “We are very pleased with the outcome of this case.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here