*Kevin Frazier, co-host of “The Insider,” and Christina McLarty, correspondent for “Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider,” will anchor THE THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE ON CBS, live from New York City, Thursday, Nov. 24 on the CBS Television Network. It will be broadcast 9:00 AM-Noon, live ET; 8:00-11AM, live CT; 7:00-10:00 AM, live MT; 9:00-Noon, delayed PT.
A CBS Thanksgiving tradition in its 51st year, the special will feature portions of the 85th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live from New York City, as well as performances by GRAMMY® Award-winning rock legend John Fogerty. Fogerty’s remarkable career began in his hometown of El Cerrito, California, soon earning massive popular and critical success with the legendary Creedence Clearwater Revival. As leader of CCR, Fogerty forged a distinctive groundbreaking sound all his own, with classics such as ” Proud Mary,” “Down On The Corner,” “Born On The Bayou,” “Have You Ever Seen The Rain” and “Fortunate Son.” After CCR disbanded in 1972, Fogerty went on to build an impressive solo career with the blockbuster albums John Fogerty, Centerfield and the GRAMMY-winning Blue Moon Swamp. Among Fogerty’s many honors are induction in to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the BMI Pop Music Awards’ prestigious “BMI Icon.”
Additional performances during the Parade will include the Broadway casts of the Tony Award-winning productions of “Anything Goes” and “Memphis.”
Frazier and McLarty will anchor from a site along the parade route in Times Square. The beloved parade is famous for its gigantic balloons of cartoon character favorites, fantastic floats and lively marching bands from across the country.
Currently, Frazier is in his first season as co-host of “The Insider.” Previously, Frazier worked on its sister show, “Entertainment Tonight,”for eight seasons as a correspondent and weekend anchor. Frazier also appeared as an entertainment expert on news and entertainment programs including CBS News’ “The Early Show,” “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” CNN’s “Larry King Live” and “Nancy Grace,” and HLN’s “The Joy Behar Show.” McLarty joined “Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider” as a correspondent in February 2011. Previously, McLarty worked at KCBS 2 News in Los Angeles as an entertainment reporter for four years.
Emmy Award-winning producers Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss (“The Tony Awards”) are executive producers for THE THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE ON CBS. Weiss will also direct.
FrontPage public Relations
- Holy Crap! My House is On Fire...I'd Better Grab My Spareribs! (Video)
- Maya Angelou’s Art Collection Heading to Auction
- 18-Year-Old Forgives Rapper Kevin Gates for Kicking Her (WATCH)
- D'Angelo Speaks on His Iconic 'Untitled' Video with Tavis Smiley (WATCH)
- Hot Mess! McDonald's Worker Pulled Out of Drive-Thru Window (WATCH)
- VH1 Preps Viewers for What’s to Come with ‘Stevie & Joseline’ Teaser
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here