*Kevin Frazier, co-host of “The Insider,” and Christina McLarty, correspondent for “Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider,” will anchor THE THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE ON CBS, live from New York City, Thursday, Nov. 24 on the CBS Television Network. It will be broadcast 9:00 AM-Noon, live ET; 8:00-11AM, live CT; 7:00-10:00 AM, live MT; 9:00-Noon, delayed PT.
A CBS Thanksgiving tradition in its 51st year, the special will feature portions of the 85th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade live from New York City, as well as performances by GRAMMY® Award-winning rock legend John Fogerty. Fogerty’s remarkable career began in his hometown of El Cerrito, California, soon earning massive popular and critical success with the legendary Creedence Clearwater Revival. As leader of CCR, Fogerty forged a distinctive groundbreaking sound all his own, with classics such as ” Proud Mary,” “Down On The Corner,” “Born On The Bayou,” “Have You Ever Seen The Rain” and “Fortunate Son.” After CCR disbanded in 1972, Fogerty went on to build an impressive solo career with the blockbuster albums John Fogerty, Centerfield and the GRAMMY-winning Blue Moon Swamp. Among Fogerty’s many honors are induction in to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the BMI Pop Music Awards’ prestigious “BMI Icon.”
Additional performances during the Parade will include the Broadway casts of the Tony Award-winning productions of “Anything Goes” and “Memphis.”
Frazier and McLarty will anchor from a site along the parade route in Times Square. The beloved parade is famous for its gigantic balloons of cartoon character favorites, fantastic floats and lively marching bands from across the country.
Currently, Frazier is in his first season as co-host of “The Insider.” Previously, Frazier worked on its sister show, “Entertainment Tonight,”for eight seasons as a correspondent and weekend anchor. Frazier also appeared as an entertainment expert on news and entertainment programs including CBS News’ “The Early Show,” “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” CNN’s “Larry King Live” and “Nancy Grace,” and HLN’s “The Joy Behar Show.” McLarty joined “Entertainment Tonight” and “The Insider” as a correspondent in February 2011. Previously, McLarty worked at KCBS 2 News in Los Angeles as an entertainment reporter for four years.
Emmy Award-winning producers Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss (“The Tony Awards”) are executive producers for THE THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE ON CBS. Weiss will also direct.
FrontPage public Relations
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here