*Tito Jackson says people will learn that Michael Jackson was a loving man who wanted to “to change the world” when they watch new documentary “Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon.” reports BANG Showbiz.
The singer appears in the film – which features interviews with more than 50 of the music legend’s closest friends and family members and focuses on his rise from child prodigy to the ‘King of Pop’ and his shock death in June 2009 – and insists it shows aspects of his brother’s life the public would not be aware of.
Speaking at the film’s UK premiere at the Empire Cinema in London’s Leicester Square Wednesday night (Nov. 2), Tito told BANG Showbiz: “The documentary made me laugh, it made me smile, cry, I went through a lot of emotions, and a lot of memories … I think the fans will learn a little more about Michael, what he was like and who he is, what he meant and what the fans meant to him. He loved everyone and he adored his fans. In his music he tried to give messages to make the world one unit. He wanted to change the world and help those who were in need, and he did. He left some beautiful music and things and the messages in his songs are brilliant and I want them to last forever.”
Tito’s sister Rebbie also appears in the documentary – which was produced by Michael’s close friend David Gest and directed by Andrew Eastel – and she admits her interviews for the film had a cathartic effect on her.
“It was emotional to be part of it, I didn’t think it was going to be as emotional as it is, but I’m happy I did it, because as much as I wanted to do it for myself as a type of therapy, I really wanted to do it for Michael. I wanted people to really see what actually happened,” she said on the red carpet.
“Michael Jackson: The Life of an Icon” – released by Universal Pictures – will be available on DVD and Blu Ray.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here