*Silver Spring, MD – On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 11PM ET, TV One premieres a double episode of Verses and Flow, a new, eight-episode, half-hour variety show hosted by actor and best-selling author Hill Harper. Taped in Atlanta at the King Plow Arts Center, each episode will feature a performance by a neo-soul, R&B or Hip Hop artist, as well as spoken word and poetic performances by intriguing poets. Harper will introduce each segment of the show, which will also highlight the resurgence of spoken word.
The premiere episode Nov. 10 at 11 PM features performances by Grammy-nominated music artist Ledisi and spoken word by M’reld Green, Aaron Samuels and TV One’s own Cathy Hughes, founder and chairperson of Radio One and host of TV One on One with Cathy Hughes! The episode at 11:30 PM features the Grammy-nominated music artist KEM and spoken word by Thea Monyee and David Banner.
On November 17, the episode will include songstress Estelle and poets Javon Johnson, Charles Peters, and Chauncey Beaty. Upcoming shows will feature such talent as Tyrese, Pharoahe Monch, Angie Stone, Bone Crusher, Naturally 7, Melanie Fiona and Marsha Ambrosius. The show will air regularly Thursdays at 11 PM ET, with the exception of Thanksgiving night.
Verses and Flow is sponsored by Lexus. Previously, Lexus was known for its regional events (in markets such as Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas) called “The Lexus Listening Lounge,” which was designed to showcase music and creative content in smaller venues to predominantly African-American customers. Creating a new and innovative vehicle in Verses & Flow, Lexus now has a national platform to engage African American and general audiences.
In addition to the shows on TV One, exclusive content from Verses and Flow will appear on Lexus’ Luxury Awaits (www.luxuryawaits.com) portal. At this portal for African Americans, Lexus will highlight stellar performances to demonstrate that not only does Luxury Await this audience…but compelling entertainment awaits them, as well.
Launched in January 2004, TV One (www.tvone.tv) serves more than 56.3 million households, offering a broad range of real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies, and music designed to entertain, inform and inspire a diverse audience of adult black viewers. In December 2008, the company launched TV One High Def, which now serves 14 million households. TV One is owned by Radio One [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK; www.radio-one.com], the largest radio company that primarily targets African American and urban listeners; and Comcast Corporation [NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK); www.comcast.com], one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here