*Some folks in the Boogie Down are pissed at Jennifer Lopez over her latest Fiat ad, which was filmed in the Bronx as an ode to her hometown and shows the entertainer driving a new Fiat 500 through her old stomping grounds.
But…Jenny is not actually on the block. The website Smoking Gun revealed yesterday that a body-double was hired to play Lopez in her hometown scenes. [Scroll down to watch.]
In the ad, J.Lo refers to her roots, saying, “Here, this is my world. This place inspires me to be. To be tougher. To stay sharper. To think faster. They may be just streets to you, but to me they’re a playground.”
A rep for the Italian company is now trying to spin the backlash, insisting Lopez did not need to be in the area to be inspired by it.
“The commercial tells the story of how the simple elements of our upbringing can help explain who we are, where we’re going and serve as a source of inspiration to achieve our goals in life,” says spokesperson Dianna Gutierrez. “One does not need to be in a specific location to be inspired or continue to be inspired.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here