*Some folks in the Boogie Down are pissed at Jennifer Lopez over her latest Fiat ad, which was filmed in the Bronx as an ode to her hometown and shows the entertainer driving a new Fiat 500 through her old stomping grounds.
But…Jenny is not actually on the block. The website Smoking Gun revealed yesterday that a body-double was hired to play Lopez in her hometown scenes. [Scroll down to watch.]
In the ad, J.Lo refers to her roots, saying, “Here, this is my world. This place inspires me to be. To be tougher. To stay sharper. To think faster. They may be just streets to you, but to me they’re a playground.”
A rep for the Italian company is now trying to spin the backlash, insisting Lopez did not need to be in the area to be inspired by it.
“The commercial tells the story of how the simple elements of our upbringing can help explain who we are, where we’re going and serve as a source of inspiration to achieve our goals in life,” says spokesperson Dianna Gutierrez. “One does not need to be in a specific location to be inspired or continue to be inspired.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here