*Some folks in the Boogie Down are pissed at Jennifer Lopez over her latest Fiat ad, which was filmed in the Bronx as an ode to her hometown and shows the entertainer driving a new Fiat 500 through her old stomping grounds.
But…Jenny is not actually on the block. The website Smoking Gun revealed yesterday that a body-double was hired to play Lopez in her hometown scenes. [Scroll down to watch.]
In the ad, J.Lo refers to her roots, saying, “Here, this is my world. This place inspires me to be. To be tougher. To stay sharper. To think faster. They may be just streets to you, but to me they’re a playground.”
A rep for the Italian company is now trying to spin the backlash, insisting Lopez did not need to be in the area to be inspired by it.
“The commercial tells the story of how the simple elements of our upbringing can help explain who we are, where we’re going and serve as a source of inspiration to achieve our goals in life,” says spokesperson Dianna Gutierrez. “One does not need to be in a specific location to be inspired or continue to be inspired.”
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here