*Some folks in the Boogie Down are pissed at Jennifer Lopez over her latest Fiat ad, which was filmed in the Bronx as an ode to her hometown and shows the entertainer driving a new Fiat 500 through her old stomping grounds.
But…Jenny is not actually on the block. The website Smoking Gun revealed yesterday that a body-double was hired to play Lopez in her hometown scenes. [Scroll down to watch.]
In the ad, J.Lo refers to her roots, saying, “Here, this is my world. This place inspires me to be. To be tougher. To stay sharper. To think faster. They may be just streets to you, but to me they’re a playground.”
A rep for the Italian company is now trying to spin the backlash, insisting Lopez did not need to be in the area to be inspired by it.
“The commercial tells the story of how the simple elements of our upbringing can help explain who we are, where we’re going and serve as a source of inspiration to achieve our goals in life,” says spokesperson Dianna Gutierrez. “One does not need to be in a specific location to be inspired or continue to be inspired.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here