*President Barack Obama’s personal assistant and right hand man, Reggie Love is saying good-bye to the White House to continue education at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business. He’s not one to be in the press much except for maybe getting caught in the crossfire of a photo op.
The 29 year old granted an exclusive interview with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols, sharing with the world his daily activities.
He is often seen with a bag, but it’s not what you think it is. He carries around the president’s cosmetic needs from floss, to cufflinks to whatever other things that Obama may need in a blink of an eye.
“If he had it his way, I think he’d floss in private,” Love said, noting how little time the president spends away from his closest aides. “I think the fact that he was comfortable with me is probably a product of, you know, he’s beaten down. I’ve been around for so long.”
And that he has. He began as a guy in the mail room when Obama joined the Senate in 2006, but was quickly promoted to body man when he became president.
Love is credited to making the president hip by introducing him to rappers Lil Wayne and Jay-Z and giving him his signature fist-bump. Obama playfully referred to Love as his “iReggie.”
“The president has to deal with so many things that are heavy,” Love said. “I think it’s good to be able to, for him, to have some moments of levity, some moments not full-tilt. And if me being a part of (those) moments is helpful, I acknowledge and think I’m happy to do it.”
The bond between Love and Obama was solidified on a basketball court. The pair played pickup games regularly during the presidential campaign, a tradition that has carried over to the South Lawn of the White House. Love, who was a star wide receiver on the football team and captain of the basketball team at Duke, rarely plays against Obama.
“Reggie is 20 years younger than me,” Obama said during the campaign. “So there is no doubt that I have to have Reggie on my team. I can’t be guarding Reggie.”
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here