*When Gayle King left her show on OWN to become the host of the new, reformatted CBS morning show, Wendy Williams wondered if the move might signal a behind-the-scenes spat between BFFs Oprah and Gayle King.
She delivered a monologue urging the longtime friends to remember the good times and stay close, reports AOLTV.
And Oprah actually responded.
Williams received a letter purported to be from Oprah reassuring her that she and Gayle are still best friends.
Wendy read a copy of the letter Wednesday on “The Wendy Williams Show” and joked that she was keeping the original in a locked vault in her office.
“There is only happiness for Gayle and this wonderful opportunity,” the letter clarified. After the letter ended with a “Love, Oprah,” Wendy added her own post-script: “stay black.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here