*When Gayle King left her show on OWN to become the host of the new, reformatted CBS morning show, Wendy Williams wondered if the move might signal a behind-the-scenes spat between BFFs Oprah and Gayle King.
She delivered a monologue urging the longtime friends to remember the good times and stay close, reports AOLTV.
And Oprah actually responded.
Williams received a letter purported to be from Oprah reassuring her that she and Gayle are still best friends.
Wendy read a copy of the letter Wednesday on “The Wendy Williams Show” and joked that she was keeping the original in a locked vault in her office.
“There is only happiness for Gayle and this wonderful opportunity,” the letter clarified. After the letter ended with a “Love, Oprah,” Wendy added her own post-script: “stay black.”
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here