*In his first interview since suffering seizures on Oct. 14, rapper Rick Ross told BET’’s “106 & Park” that his recent health scare during a flight to Memphis was due to a lack of sleep.
During a flight headed to Memphis, the rapper fell unconscious immediately after takeoff, and paramedics had to resuscitate him. The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.
“It was a case of me not getting enough rest, enough sleep,” he told “106 & Park” Tuesday, adding: “I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going. And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross, who also serves as CEO of the Maybach Music Group record label, added that he was tested for cancer, diabetes, HIV and other health issues but they revealed that he is “totally healthy.”
Meanwhile, Ross also revealed that he was supposed to be on bed rest but didn’t exactly obey doctor’s orders. Instead, he announced, he was working on a collaboration with Jay-Z during that time.
“Me and Jay-Z finished the biggest collaboration that we’ve ever done together, for my album,” he said. “Being the fastest-growing label in the game, wanting to be the No. 1 label in the game, it comes with a lot of sacrifices and in my case it was sleep. I would get two hours of sleep and keep moving. Me being a hustler.”
Ross had been heading to Memphis to open a Wingstop restaurant, the first in a planned chain of flavored wings eateries, and had been scheduled to perform at a free “Memphis Madness” event kicking off the University of Memphis’ basketball team’s first official practice of the 2011-12 season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here