*In his first interview since suffering seizures on Oct. 14, rapper Rick Ross told BET’’s “106 & Park” that his recent health scare during a flight to Memphis was due to a lack of sleep.
During a flight headed to Memphis, the rapper fell unconscious immediately after takeoff, and paramedics had to resuscitate him. The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.
“It was a case of me not getting enough rest, enough sleep,” he told “106 & Park” Tuesday, adding: “I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going. And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross, who also serves as CEO of the Maybach Music Group record label, added that he was tested for cancer, diabetes, HIV and other health issues but they revealed that he is “totally healthy.”
Meanwhile, Ross also revealed that he was supposed to be on bed rest but didn’t exactly obey doctor’s orders. Instead, he announced, he was working on a collaboration with Jay-Z during that time.
“Me and Jay-Z finished the biggest collaboration that we’ve ever done together, for my album,” he said. “Being the fastest-growing label in the game, wanting to be the No. 1 label in the game, it comes with a lot of sacrifices and in my case it was sleep. I would get two hours of sleep and keep moving. Me being a hustler.”
Ross had been heading to Memphis to open a Wingstop restaurant, the first in a planned chain of flavored wings eateries, and had been scheduled to perform at a free “Memphis Madness” event kicking off the University of Memphis’ basketball team’s first official practice of the 2011-12 season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here