*The public library in Central Falls that was temporarily closed because of the city’s dire finances is expanding its hours again after receiving a donation from actress Viola Davis and a state grant, reports the AP.
The Adams Memorial Library said Monday that it got a $1,000 check from Davis, who grew
up in Central Falls. The library also received a $3,500 grant with the help of state Sen. Elizabeth Crowley. Actor Alec Baldwin donated $10,000 to the library last month.
The library has raised $61,000 since it was shuttered in July ahead of the city’s bankruptcy filing. It reopened part-time with the help of volunteers. Beginning Dec. 1, it will be open six days a week.
- Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara Put Up with Rude, Race Baiting Questions (WATCH)
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Secret Service Expert 'Outs' Hillary Clinton's Marriage as 'Fake'
- D.L. Hughley: If Trump Says 'N*gger’ He'll be Elected Tomorrow (WATCH)
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cousin Admits Being Barred From Burial
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here