*The public library in Central Falls that was temporarily closed because of the city’s dire finances is expanding its hours again after receiving a donation from actress Viola Davis and a state grant, reports the AP.
The Adams Memorial Library said Monday that it got a $1,000 check from Davis, who grew
up in Central Falls. The library also received a $3,500 grant with the help of state Sen. Elizabeth Crowley. Actor Alec Baldwin donated $10,000 to the library last month.
The library has raised $61,000 since it was shuttered in July ahead of the city’s bankruptcy filing. It reopened part-time with the help of volunteers. Beginning Dec. 1, it will be open six days a week.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here