Everybody knows, in and out of the industry, not to make deals with Suge Knight, for whatever reasons. It’s like an unspoken rule. It’s like riding in the enemy’s hood with no protection. The only guarantee anyone has when working with Suge is trouble.
But young rapper Waka Flocka Flame thinks different. After announcing a business partnership with the controversial co-founder of Death Row Records, just about everyone and their mamas went into shock and probably said a prayer for the boy.
In a recent interview with hiphopnews24-7.com, the rapper explained the unusual union.
“Suge is just here because I grab game from Suge,” Waka said, referring to Knight’s experience in the record industry. “He’s shown me his mistakes, he’s tellin’ me his mistakes. He told me the mistakes he made so I don’t make the same mistakes.”
Besides, Flame believes the West Coast music industry gangster can help him strengthen his influence on the sunny side of the States.
“I’m looking forward to that,” he replied. “I wasn’t looking [at it] like, ‘I got Suge, I got the West Coast.’ … I wasn’t looking at it like that, but it comes with it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here