Everybody knows, in and out of the industry, not to make deals with Suge Knight, for whatever reasons. It’s like an unspoken rule. It’s like riding in the enemy’s hood with no protection. The only guarantee anyone has when working with Suge is trouble.
But young rapper Waka Flocka Flame thinks different. After announcing a business partnership with the controversial co-founder of Death Row Records, just about everyone and their mamas went into shock and probably said a prayer for the boy.
In a recent interview with hiphopnews24-7.com, the rapper explained the unusual union.
“Suge is just here because I grab game from Suge,” Waka said, referring to Knight’s experience in the record industry. “He’s shown me his mistakes, he’s tellin’ me his mistakes. He told me the mistakes he made so I don’t make the same mistakes.”
Besides, Flame believes the West Coast music industry gangster can help him strengthen his influence on the sunny side of the States.
“I’m looking forward to that,” he replied. “I wasn’t looking [at it] like, ‘I got Suge, I got the West Coast.’ … I wasn’t looking at it like that, but it comes with it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here