*”Blade”and “New Jack City” star Wesley Snipes is singing the blues.
Snipes is currently serving a three-year prison sentence for tax evasion after allegedly failing to file tax returns for millions of dollars worth of income.
He is expected to be released in 2013.
But Snipes is now facing more tax woes — American Express slapped Snipes with a lawsuit in Orange County, Fla. Circuit Court on Friday.
The credit card company claims that Snipes racked up a whopping $29,343 bill using his charge card.
The complaint wants Snipes to pay up the nearly thirty grand plus interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Snipes, who has been beset with tax problems for the past several years, began a three-year prison sentence at Pennsylvania McKean Federal Correction Institution in Dec. 2010 for failing to file tax returns.
Snipes claimed that U. S. residents’ domestic income isn’t taxable and a claim that he is a “non-resident alien.”
But the actor was actually born in Orlando, Florida.
In a strange twist of fate, Snipes famously quoted AMEX in a commercial featured in “Major League’ when his character, Willie Mayes Hayes, reminded fans “Don’t steal home without it” according to TMZ.
Let’s hope the “Blade” star will find a way out of his tax troubles.
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here