*”Blade”and “New Jack City” star Wesley Snipes is singing the blues.
Snipes is currently serving a three-year prison sentence for tax evasion after allegedly failing to file tax returns for millions of dollars worth of income.
He is expected to be released in 2013.
But Snipes is now facing more tax woes — American Express slapped Snipes with a lawsuit in Orange County, Fla. Circuit Court on Friday.
The credit card company claims that Snipes racked up a whopping $29,343 bill using his charge card.
The complaint wants Snipes to pay up the nearly thirty grand plus interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Snipes, who has been beset with tax problems for the past several years, began a three-year prison sentence at Pennsylvania McKean Federal Correction Institution in Dec. 2010 for failing to file tax returns.
Snipes claimed that U. S. residents’ domestic income isn’t taxable and a claim that he is a “non-resident alien.”
But the actor was actually born in Orlando, Florida.
In a strange twist of fate, Snipes famously quoted AMEX in a commercial featured in “Major League’ when his character, Willie Mayes Hayes, reminded fans “Don’t steal home without it” according to TMZ.
Let’s hope the “Blade” star will find a way out of his tax troubles.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here