*”Blade”and “New Jack City” star Wesley Snipes is singing the blues.
Snipes is currently serving a three-year prison sentence for tax evasion after allegedly failing to file tax returns for millions of dollars worth of income.
He is expected to be released in 2013.
But Snipes is now facing more tax woes — American Express slapped Snipes with a lawsuit in Orange County, Fla. Circuit Court on Friday.
The credit card company claims that Snipes racked up a whopping $29,343 bill using his charge card.
The complaint wants Snipes to pay up the nearly thirty grand plus interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Snipes, who has been beset with tax problems for the past several years, began a three-year prison sentence at Pennsylvania McKean Federal Correction Institution in Dec. 2010 for failing to file tax returns.
Snipes claimed that U. S. residents’ domestic income isn’t taxable and a claim that he is a “non-resident alien.”
But the actor was actually born in Orlando, Florida.
In a strange twist of fate, Snipes famously quoted AMEX in a commercial featured in “Major League’ when his character, Willie Mayes Hayes, reminded fans “Don’t steal home without it” according to TMZ.
Let’s hope the “Blade” star will find a way out of his tax troubles.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Get's Back at Future: She'll Grill Him Under Oath in Court
- Did Katherine Jackson Pressure Janet to Have Baby at 50?
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here