*”Blade”and “New Jack City” star Wesley Snipes is singing the blues.
Snipes is currently serving a three-year prison sentence for tax evasion after allegedly failing to file tax returns for millions of dollars worth of income.
He is expected to be released in 2013.
But Snipes is now facing more tax woes — American Express slapped Snipes with a lawsuit in Orange County, Fla. Circuit Court on Friday.
The credit card company claims that Snipes racked up a whopping $29,343 bill using his charge card.
The complaint wants Snipes to pay up the nearly thirty grand plus interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Snipes, who has been beset with tax problems for the past several years, began a three-year prison sentence at Pennsylvania McKean Federal Correction Institution in Dec. 2010 for failing to file tax returns.
Snipes claimed that U. S. residents’ domestic income isn’t taxable and a claim that he is a “non-resident alien.”
But the actor was actually born in Orlando, Florida.
In a strange twist of fate, Snipes famously quoted AMEX in a commercial featured in “Major League’ when his character, Willie Mayes Hayes, reminded fans “Don’t steal home without it” according to TMZ.
Let’s hope the “Blade” star will find a way out of his tax troubles.
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here