“I haven’t always been this confident,” she told the magazine. “I’m more comfortable with my flaws now, and with that, you start to feel more confident. When you’re trying to hide all of your flaws, and you’re embarrassed by them, it can be so uncomfortable-very, very uncomfortable. You don’t know who you’re supposed to be. I just hit a certain point when I started to think, ‘You know what? These are my flaws, and I’m OK with them.’ I love me! I’m doing the best I can with what I have,” she said.
The actress, who is getting ready to star in “Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” admitted her lack of self-confidence almost kept her from auditioning for the movie.
“At first I felt like I shouldn’t waste my time, because I just didn’t see how they’d actually cast me. I didn’t think of myself being hired to be in this. Then they kept calling, so I figured, ‘OK, I have nothing to lose. It would be cool to be a spy. [Laughs.] And it’d be amazing to work with Tom [Cruise]. If they’re calling, there has to be a reason-you have to have more faith in yourself.'”
Patton added that she feels fortunate to have had opportunities in her career to play strong Black women who didn’t quite fit in the stereotypes, all the while keeping audiences entertained.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here