“I haven’t always been this confident,” she told the magazine. “I’m more comfortable with my flaws now, and with that, you start to feel more confident. When you’re trying to hide all of your flaws, and you’re embarrassed by them, it can be so uncomfortable-very, very uncomfortable. You don’t know who you’re supposed to be. I just hit a certain point when I started to think, ‘You know what? These are my flaws, and I’m OK with them.’ I love me! I’m doing the best I can with what I have,” she said.
The actress, who is getting ready to star in “Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” admitted her lack of self-confidence almost kept her from auditioning for the movie.
“At first I felt like I shouldn’t waste my time, because I just didn’t see how they’d actually cast me. I didn’t think of myself being hired to be in this. Then they kept calling, so I figured, ‘OK, I have nothing to lose. It would be cool to be a spy. [Laughs.] And it’d be amazing to work with Tom [Cruise]. If they’re calling, there has to be a reason-you have to have more faith in yourself.'”
Patton added that she feels fortunate to have had opportunities in her career to play strong Black women who didn’t quite fit in the stereotypes, all the while keeping audiences entertained.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here