“I haven’t always been this confident,” she told the magazine. “I’m more comfortable with my flaws now, and with that, you start to feel more confident. When you’re trying to hide all of your flaws, and you’re embarrassed by them, it can be so uncomfortable-very, very uncomfortable. You don’t know who you’re supposed to be. I just hit a certain point when I started to think, ‘You know what? These are my flaws, and I’m OK with them.’ I love me! I’m doing the best I can with what I have,” she said.
The actress, who is getting ready to star in “Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol,” admitted her lack of self-confidence almost kept her from auditioning for the movie.
“At first I felt like I shouldn’t waste my time, because I just didn’t see how they’d actually cast me. I didn’t think of myself being hired to be in this. Then they kept calling, so I figured, ‘OK, I have nothing to lose. It would be cool to be a spy. [Laughs.] And it’d be amazing to work with Tom [Cruise]. If they’re calling, there has to be a reason-you have to have more faith in yourself.'”
Patton added that she feels fortunate to have had opportunities in her career to play strong Black women who didn’t quite fit in the stereotypes, all the while keeping audiences entertained.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here