*The truth has come to light about the “Independence Day” sequels. The original blockbuster brought in $817 million and continued to grow in popularity long after its premiere.
And because of its demand, Will Smith is asking for $50 million to be a part of the new films. But that asking price might just keep the actor from appearing in the sci-fi action movies.
Vulture reports that the impasse first came up back in 2009 when Fox began to seriously enter the development phase, but that both parties agreed to wait until the screenplays were completed. The two scripts, which are expected to tell one, two-part story, are due to be completed at the end of the year, bringing Will Smith’s involvement back into the equation.
Although for most of us, a $50 million check is quite ridiculous, it isn’t any different than Johnny Depp’s price tag for the “Pirates of the Caribbean” sequels, $56 million for Pirates 4.
But it’s been over 16 years since “Independence Day” debuted on the big screen and there’s no telling how much Smith is worth over a decade later.
No final decisions have made to include the movie star, but in the meantime, the script will be divided into two flicks and is to be completed by the end of the year.
Along with the big money Smith is asking for, he’s also requested to film close to home and have his family in the movie as well.
Asking for a lot eh.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here