*The truth has come to light about the “Independence Day” sequels. The original blockbuster brought in $817 million and continued to grow in popularity long after its premiere.
And because of its demand, Will Smith is asking for $50 million to be a part of the new films. But that asking price might just keep the actor from appearing in the sci-fi action movies.
Vulture reports that the impasse first came up back in 2009 when Fox began to seriously enter the development phase, but that both parties agreed to wait until the screenplays were completed. The two scripts, which are expected to tell one, two-part story, are due to be completed at the end of the year, bringing Will Smith’s involvement back into the equation.
Although for most of us, a $50 million check is quite ridiculous, it isn’t any different than Johnny Depp’s price tag for the “Pirates of the Caribbean” sequels, $56 million for Pirates 4.
But it’s been over 16 years since “Independence Day” debuted on the big screen and there’s no telling how much Smith is worth over a decade later.
No final decisions have made to include the movie star, but in the meantime, the script will be divided into two flicks and is to be completed by the end of the year.
Along with the big money Smith is asking for, he’s also requested to film close to home and have his family in the movie as well.
Asking for a lot eh.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here