*(Via Yahoo News) – The one-year-old boy who was shot in the head during the filming of a rap music video in Oakland was taken off life support Friday.
Hiram Lawrence, who would have turned 2 on Dec. 28, was pronounced dead at 3:05 p.m., the Rev. Roosevelt Taylor said.
The boy’s family had held out hope that he would show some brain activity, but doctors at Children’s Hospital Oakland concluded after multiple tests that he was brain dead from the injuries he suffered in the shooting on November 28.
Outside the hospital, the boy’s mother, Brittany Houston called for an end to the city’s violence.
“The shootings need to end. I shouldn’t have to lose my baby to a gunshot,” Houston said Friday while surrounded by Hiram’s father, family and clergy members.
Houston showed off a tiny ink footprint of her son on her right forearm as a tribute.
“This is how I’m going to have to remember my baby because somebody wanted to start shooting,” Houston said. “I’ve got to be strong for my baby. He fought for 11 days.”
Read/learn MORE at Yahoo News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here