*With 50 years in the business on his resume, Smokey Robinson, at age 71, is still thrilling fans with his signature falsetto and ageless stage swagger.
The Motown legend says the secret to maintaining his sexy is actually something that anyone can do.
“I take care of myself,” he tells a group of journalists. “I think that that’s where it starts. You know, I think that you have to be very conscious of taking care of yourself, especially after you reach a certain age. When you’re 20, you can go to bed, and your arm is hurting; and you wake up, and your arm is cool, it’s all right. And when you’re 40, you go to bed, and your arm is fine; and you wake up, and your arm is hurting.”
Smokey says maintaining the good health of his vocal chords is just as important.
“When you’re a singer, your voice is your instrument. So if you take care of yourself, then that covers the entire being of you,” he says. “So I don’t do anything special vocally to try and maintain. It’s just that, first of all, I’m blessed and I’m fortunate enough to earn a living doing something that I absolutely love, and I enjoy it. That’s why I still do concerts, because that’s one of my favorite things in life, to go and do concerts and sing for people like you and have a good time with the fans and have a ball.”
In the audio below, Smokey reveals one of the biggest reasons his voice still sounds as swoon-worthy as it did when he was fronting the Miracles. Here’s a hint, he knows how to just say no.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here