*With 50 years in the business on his resume, Smokey Robinson, at age 71, is still thrilling fans with his signature falsetto and ageless stage swagger.
The Motown legend says the secret to maintaining his sexy is actually something that anyone can do.
“I take care of myself,” he tells a group of journalists. “I think that that’s where it starts. You know, I think that you have to be very conscious of taking care of yourself, especially after you reach a certain age. When you’re 20, you can go to bed, and your arm is hurting; and you wake up, and your arm is cool, it’s all right. And when you’re 40, you go to bed, and your arm is fine; and you wake up, and your arm is hurting.”
Smokey says maintaining the good health of his vocal chords is just as important.
“When you’re a singer, your voice is your instrument. So if you take care of yourself, then that covers the entire being of you,” he says. “So I don’t do anything special vocally to try and maintain. It’s just that, first of all, I’m blessed and I’m fortunate enough to earn a living doing something that I absolutely love, and I enjoy it. That’s why I still do concerts, because that’s one of my favorite things in life, to go and do concerts and sing for people like you and have a good time with the fans and have a ball.”
In the audio below, Smokey reveals one of the biggest reasons his voice still sounds as swoon-worthy as it did when he was fronting the Miracles. Here’s a hint, he knows how to just say no.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here