*Donald Faison is back on series television.
The star of NBC’s former sitcom “Scrubs” is now portraying one of three divorced men sharing an apartment across the hall from their female divorce attorney in the new TV Land sitcom “The Exes.” Faison’s character, Phil, is described as a player.
“I know a few people like Phil, actually, and so it’s really easy to draw on the you see, it’s easy to be the ladies’ man on television because you get to kiss hot chicks every week,” the actor told TV critics during interviews for the show in August.
“Doing ‘Scrubs,’ I was always connected to someone. I had a relationship for the whole run. And so [this] was something that I wanted to explore. I’ve never had the opportunity to play a ladies’ man.”
His co-star Kristen Johnson, who plays the divorce attorney, says Faison’s Phil puts “a fresh spin on the Casanova.”
“He is a ladies’ man, but he is actually not a skeev. Like, you get it and he’s charming and he’s funny and he’s warm.”
Wayne Knight from “Seinfeld” and David Alan Basche from “The Starter Wife” also star.
Below, Faison reveals the biggest reason he agreed to star in “The Exes,” which airs Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. on TV Land. [Scroll down to watch a sneak peek of tonight’s second episode, “A Little Romance.”]
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here