*Donald Faison is back on series television.
The star of NBC’s former sitcom “Scrubs” is now portraying one of three divorced men sharing an apartment across the hall from their female divorce attorney in the new TV Land sitcom “The Exes.” Faison’s character, Phil, is described as a player.
“I know a few people like Phil, actually, and so it’s really easy to draw on the you see, it’s easy to be the ladies’ man on television because you get to kiss hot chicks every week,” the actor told TV critics during interviews for the show in August.
“Doing ‘Scrubs,’ I was always connected to someone. I had a relationship for the whole run. And so [this] was something that I wanted to explore. I’ve never had the opportunity to play a ladies’ man.”
His co-star Kristen Johnson, who plays the divorce attorney, says Faison’s Phil puts “a fresh spin on the Casanova.”
“He is a ladies’ man, but he is actually not a skeev. Like, you get it and he’s charming and he’s funny and he’s warm.”
Wayne Knight from “Seinfeld” and David Alan Basche from “The Starter Wife” also star.
Below, Faison reveals the biggest reason he agreed to star in “The Exes,” which airs Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. on TV Land. [Scroll down to watch a sneak peek of tonight’s second episode, “A Little Romance.”]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here