*Donald Faison is back on series television.
The star of NBC’s former sitcom “Scrubs” is now portraying one of three divorced men sharing an apartment across the hall from their female divorce attorney in the new TV Land sitcom “The Exes.” Faison’s character, Phil, is described as a player.
“I know a few people like Phil, actually, and so it’s really easy to draw on the you see, it’s easy to be the ladies’ man on television because you get to kiss hot chicks every week,” the actor told TV critics during interviews for the show in August.
“Doing ‘Scrubs,’ I was always connected to someone. I had a relationship for the whole run. And so [this] was something that I wanted to explore. I’ve never had the opportunity to play a ladies’ man.”
His co-star Kristen Johnson, who plays the divorce attorney, says Faison’s Phil puts “a fresh spin on the Casanova.”
“He is a ladies’ man, but he is actually not a skeev. Like, you get it and he’s charming and he’s funny and he’s warm.”
Wayne Knight from “Seinfeld” and David Alan Basche from “The Starter Wife” also star.
Below, Faison reveals the biggest reason he agreed to star in “The Exes,” which airs Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. on TV Land. [Scroll down to watch a sneak peek of tonight’s second episode, “A Little Romance.”]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- 2016 Music Festival Rolls into Cincinnati July 22-23
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here