*This is Blair Underwood’s season to sell, however the reason for the season is more than skin deep, as is everything with the conscientious actor, director, author and consummate business man. As a celebrity, Blair has been reluctant to endorse products or co-brand his image. However – The BU Collection, Exclusively at K&G – is a multi-tiered business model designed to promote haberdashery that’s Classy, Confident & Cool and at a price you can afford.
Blair Underwood Suits first appeared in K&G stores and online in mid-summer 2011 and sales have soared … even prior to a full scale promotional campaign. This is due in part to the robust nature of Blair Underwood as a brand name and due to his community service to civic and fraternal organizations. The community is now aware of his brand and they have supported in kind. Though Blair’s career is laced with high achievement, he has always been a man within reach.
Earlier in the year young winners of the Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Award were gifted suits from The BU Collection. Suits have also been donated to young men in foster care. For these recipients, wearing a suit and knowing the name bearer warrants a double reward.
Mr. Underwood is also very excited over the newly released The BU Executive Suit Line which is designated by their chic burgundy interiors, a regal family crest and fine burgundy stitching around the button holes. These design features are more than eclectic sales tactics; they are emblematic of a humane and cultural bond shared by all.
The BU Collection also stands for self empowerment and a clarion call for being the best and the ultimate you. Underwood recalls the message in the movie Kings Of The Evening, which echoes these sentiments.
Blair Underwood’s goal, and that of The Men’s Wearhouse, is in sync by providing a consumer base the ability to have quality threads at an affordable price.
Blair was encouraged by his lovely and supportive wife Desiree to consider his own line of suits a few years ago. It was also about that time when his savvy business partner brought the vision of Blair’s suit line to George Zimmer, Founder and CEO of The Men’s Wearhouse. K&G stores are owned by The Men’s Wearhouse. Other brands sold under the K&G banner include Evan-Picone, Mecca, Stacey Adams and more. Mr. Zimmer continued his father’s legacy in the men’s clothing business. Mr. Underwood continues a legacy of class and elegance as a man of color with international appeal. This will be evident when the sizzling BU Collection television commercial hits the airwaves in early 2012. Underwood’s new line is inclusive of fine suits, dress shirts and ties.
Currently Blair is enjoying his family for the holidays; then he’s off to make his Broadway debut in “A Streetcar Named Desire,” directed by Emily Mann. This time the Tennessee Williams classic is presented by Front Row Productions and also stars Wood Harris, Nicole Ari Parker and Daphne Rubin-Vega.
For more on Blair Underwood Suits visit http://www.kgstores.com/bu
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here