*The life story of the late singer, dancer and actor Sammy Davis Jr. will be developed for the stage and as a feature by Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios, it was announced Thursday, on what would have been the entertainer’s 86th birthday.
“Sammy Davis, Jr. was a phenomenal entertainer, icon, and American treasure whose inspirational story has to be told,” said Allen.
Entertainment Studios acquired the life rights to the story from Davis’s daughter Tracey Davis, whose mother is actress May Britt, the second of his three wives.
“On his deathbed, one of the last things my father told me as he put my face in his hands was: ‘Tracy, tell my story. Warts and all’,” said Davis. “Byron Allen, who knew and worked with my father, is the perfect producer to help my family and I achieve my father’s dying wish.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here