*EURweb has exclusively learned the cause of death of R&B singer Vesta Williams, who died in her sleep in a California hotel room on Sept. 22, 2011.
Singer Norwood Young received word from members of Vesta’s family that the beloved singer passed away from complications of an enlarged heart. The Williams family was given the autopsy report a “day or two ago” according to Young.
“Although it’s a sad situation overall, it’s great news to find that Vesta’s death, as I said from the very beginning, was not drug related,” Young , who was a good friend of the R&B singer, told EUR’s Lee Bailey. “Vesta did indeed die from an enlarged heart. As we know, an enlarged heart can remain undetected in the body for many, many years.”
Young said that obesity and stress may have also contributed to the beloved 53-year-old R&B singer’s untimely death.
In recent years, Vesta had battled with a drug problem and obesity. She beat both–and lost 100 pounds. The singer is best known for her top ten singles “Once Bitten, Twice Shy,” “Don’t Blow a Good Thing,” and “Congratulations.”
Asked if Vesta was taking medication for the heart condition, Young said no.
“One thing about an enlarged heart, eight out of 10 deaths are sudden,” Young pointed out.
“This news could not come at a more appropriate time,” said Young, who added that Vesta’s life and career will kick off a series of TV One specials entitled “Unsung,” that will air on January 2, 2012 at 10pm Eastern time.
Young, who was recently signed to E.D.M. Records and is in negotiations to star in a reality show, said that Vesta was always very appreciative of her fans.
“I hope her fans will continue to keep Vesta in their hearts and minds and to know that she loved her fans very, very much.”
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here