*EURweb has exclusively learned the cause of death of R&B singer Vesta Williams, who died in her sleep in a California hotel room on Sept. 22, 2011.
Singer Norwood Young received word from members of Vesta’s family that the beloved singer passed away from complications of an enlarged heart. The Williams family was given the autopsy report a “day or two ago” according to Young.
“Although it’s a sad situation overall, it’s great news to find that Vesta’s death, as I said from the very beginning, was not drug related,” Young , who was a good friend of the R&B singer, told EUR’s Lee Bailey. “Vesta did indeed die from an enlarged heart. As we know, an enlarged heart can remain undetected in the body for many, many years.”
Young said that obesity and stress may have also contributed to the beloved 53-year-old R&B singer’s untimely death.
In recent years, Vesta had battled with a drug problem and obesity. She beat both–and lost 100 pounds. The singer is best known for her top ten singles “Once Bitten, Twice Shy,” “Don’t Blow a Good Thing,” and “Congratulations.”
Asked if Vesta was taking medication for the heart condition, Young said no.
“One thing about an enlarged heart, eight out of 10 deaths are sudden,” Young pointed out.
“This news could not come at a more appropriate time,” said Young, who added that Vesta’s life and career will kick off a series of TV One specials entitled “Unsung,” that will air on January 2, 2012 at 10pm Eastern time.
Young, who was recently signed to E.D.M. Records and is in negotiations to star in a reality show, said that Vesta was always very appreciative of her fans.
“I hope her fans will continue to keep Vesta in their hearts and minds and to know that she loved her fans very, very much.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here