*(Via USA Today) – Chris Paul had 17 points, nine assists and seven rebounds in his Los Angeles Clippers debut and Chauncey Billups made an equally impressive first impression with his new club, scoring 23 points in a 114-95 victory over the Lakers on Monday night.
The first of two preseason games between the teams followed a dizzying two-week media frenzy in both camps, during which time the Clippers acquired Paul from New Orleans right after the league squashed a proposed three-way deal that would have sent him to the Lakers.
RELATED: Chris Paul Traded to LA … Clippers!
Paul’s arrival came immediately after the Clippers’ acquisitions of former Laker Caron Butler as a free agent, and Billups from the New York Knicks in a waiver auction. Lamar Odom, whom the Lakers tried to peddle to New Orleans in the squashed deal, angrily demanded to be traded and was sent to the defending champion Dallas Mavericks- who swept the Lakers out of the playoffs last spring. And to top it all off, Kobe Bryant’s wife Vanessa filed for divorce on Friday.
Read/learn MORE at USA Today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Calls 911 Because Girlfriend Won’t Have Sex With Him
- Harvard’s World Champion Debate Team Loses to New York Inmates
- Lionel Richie Trying to Get Oscar Attention for 'Tuskegee Airmen' Doc (Trailer)
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here