*Sometimes it’s a little hard to take Anthony Anderson serious, despite his dramatic role as Detective Kevin Bernard on “Law & Order.” You won’t have to hold your laughter in much longer, though.
The actor is returning to comedy pretty soon, as it is his first love.
“Comedy is something that comes naturally to me. I get to have fun,” he told Sister 2 Sister. “Drama is something I wanted to show the world before I was typecast as the funny guy. It’s not like I’ll take one over the other. I’m fortunate to have an opportunity to dance in both worlds. I’ll take what comes my way, but for the last few years I wanted to flex this dramatic muscle, so they could see it’s more to me than just the laughter.”
So look out for him in 2012 with a new comedy series perhaps. He said right now he’s working on closing a deal with FX for a half-hour family-based sitcom.
“I’m developing it for myself. It’s going to be universal, but it’s going to be my story. Everything I try to create will have my voice because it’s based on my experiences. It will reflect that.”
He also has a few other things in the works, including “Who’s Got Talent” from Africa along with two independent films for 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here