*Elev8 reports that the women of Gospel held their own in 2011, but who was the best?
The first annual Digital Gospel Music Award, presented by Elev8 for the Best Female Gospel Artist of 2011 goes to … Le’Andria Johnson! The Music Wold Gospel artist received the overwhelming majority of the 1640 votes submitted with 36%.
Le’Andria received competition from a highly accomplished and respected field artists like Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Maurette Brown-Clark, Martha Munizzi,Kim Burrell, Karen Clark-Sheard, Dorinda Clark-Cole, Beverly Crawford and Lisa Page Brooks finished second through tenth, respectively. While Jessica Reedy,Kierra Sheard and Shirley Caesar received the most write-in votes.
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here