*Elev8 reports that the women of Gospel held their own in 2011, but who was the best?
The first annual Digital Gospel Music Award, presented by Elev8 for the Best Female Gospel Artist of 2011 goes to … Le’Andria Johnson! The Music Wold Gospel artist received the overwhelming majority of the 1640 votes submitted with 36%.
Le’Andria received competition from a highly accomplished and respected field artists like Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Maurette Brown-Clark, Martha Munizzi,Kim Burrell, Karen Clark-Sheard, Dorinda Clark-Cole, Beverly Crawford and Lisa Page Brooks finished second through tenth, respectively. While Jessica Reedy,Kierra Sheard and Shirley Caesar received the most write-in votes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here