*Elev8 reports that the women of Gospel held their own in 2011, but who was the best?
The first annual Digital Gospel Music Award, presented by Elev8 for the Best Female Gospel Artist of 2011 goes to … Le’Andria Johnson! The Music Wold Gospel artist received the overwhelming majority of the 1640 votes submitted with 36%.
Le’Andria received competition from a highly accomplished and respected field artists like Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Maurette Brown-Clark, Martha Munizzi,Kim Burrell, Karen Clark-Sheard, Dorinda Clark-Cole, Beverly Crawford and Lisa Page Brooks finished second through tenth, respectively. While Jessica Reedy,Kierra Sheard and Shirley Caesar received the most write-in votes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here