*Elev8 reports that the women of Gospel held their own in 2011, but who was the best?
The first annual Digital Gospel Music Award, presented by Elev8 for the Best Female Gospel Artist of 2011 goes to … Le’Andria Johnson! The Music Wold Gospel artist received the overwhelming majority of the 1640 votes submitted with 36%.
Le’Andria received competition from a highly accomplished and respected field artists like Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Maurette Brown-Clark, Martha Munizzi,Kim Burrell, Karen Clark-Sheard, Dorinda Clark-Cole, Beverly Crawford and Lisa Page Brooks finished second through tenth, respectively. While Jessica Reedy,Kierra Sheard and Shirley Caesar received the most write-in votes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here