*Elev8 reports that the women of Gospel held their own in 2011, but who was the best?
The first annual Digital Gospel Music Award, presented by Elev8 for the Best Female Gospel Artist of 2011 goes to … Le’Andria Johnson! The Music Wold Gospel artist received the overwhelming majority of the 1640 votes submitted with 36%.
Le’Andria received competition from a highly accomplished and respected field artists like Yolanda Adams, CeCe Winans, Maurette Brown-Clark, Martha Munizzi,Kim Burrell, Karen Clark-Sheard, Dorinda Clark-Cole, Beverly Crawford and Lisa Page Brooks finished second through tenth, respectively. While Jessica Reedy,Kierra Sheard and Shirley Caesar received the most write-in votes.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here