*Blues legend Etta James is said to be terminally ill and has little time left after battling leukemia, dementia and kidney failure for several years now, according to the singer’s live-in physician.
Dr. Elaine James—who is not related to the 73-year-old Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer but has been providing the singer with around-the-clock care at the latter’s home—told SoCal’s Riverside Press-Enterprise that medical experts informed the performer two weeks ago that her chronic leukemia, a cancer of the blood and bone marrow, was incurable.
“I am Southern and Christian and would just ask for the prayers of her fans and friends,” the physician, who hails from South Carolina, told the newspaper following a court hearing regarding James’ $1 million estate.
The doctor says she wanted to go public to let James’ fans know the severity of her condition.
“They know she’s been sick, but not how sick,” she said.
James is barely able to communicate at this point, the physician added.
The probate proceeding in Riverside Superior Court was being held to determine whether legal authority over James’ affairs should be transferred from husband Artis Mills to her son, Donto James, who’s expressed concerns over his mother’s treatment and care.
Another hearing is set for Monday, but a settlement is reportedly in the works.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here