*Blues legend Etta James is said to be terminally ill and has little time left after battling leukemia, dementia and kidney failure for several years now, according to the singer’s live-in physician.
Dr. Elaine James—who is not related to the 73-year-old Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer but has been providing the singer with around-the-clock care at the latter’s home—told SoCal’s Riverside Press-Enterprise that medical experts informed the performer two weeks ago that her chronic leukemia, a cancer of the blood and bone marrow, was incurable.
“I am Southern and Christian and would just ask for the prayers of her fans and friends,” the physician, who hails from South Carolina, told the newspaper following a court hearing regarding James’ $1 million estate.
The doctor says she wanted to go public to let James’ fans know the severity of her condition.
“They know she’s been sick, but not how sick,” she said.
James is barely able to communicate at this point, the physician added.
The probate proceeding in Riverside Superior Court was being held to determine whether legal authority over James’ affairs should be transferred from husband Artis Mills to her son, Donto James, who’s expressed concerns over his mother’s treatment and care.
Another hearing is set for Monday, but a settlement is reportedly in the works.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here