*Ice Cube is looking to star in his first TV series.
The rapper-actor is making moves toward “Eye for an Eye,” a revenge drama in development at FX, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Produced by Ice Cube’s Cube Vision with Jeff Kwatinetz’s Prospect Park, the actor would appear as a veteran paramedic who after years responding to violent scenes takes matters into his own hands and turns into a vigilante out for revenge.
Ice Cube would also executive produce along with Matt Alvarez, his partner at Cube Vision.
The fomer NWA member currently executive produces TBS’ “Are We There Yet” series, and next has the feature “21 Jump Street” due in theaters next year.
Prospect Park, which recently abandoned online plans for soap operas “One Life To Live” and “All My Children,” has been busy this development season, with a number of projects in the works at both broadcast and cable networks, including “GILF,” with Wilfred star Jason Gann, which is set up at FX.
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here