*Grammy award-winning recording and film star Janet Jackson has been tapped to be the new face of NutriSystem’s national advertizing and marketing campaign, she announced Thursday on “Good Morning America.”
NutriSystem is unveiling its new NutriSystem Success Program, which features new Chef’s Table entrees, new protein shakes, a My Daily 3 customized activity plan and a new transition and maintenance plan.
Jackson has made no secret that she has struggled with yo-yo dieting, which she revealed in her New York Times’ best selling book, “True You.”
“Dieting never worked for me, counting calories never worked for me, and denying myself the foods I love never worked for me,” Jackson said in a statement.
“With NutriSystem I am seeing results already, and I am so impressed by both the thought and the nutritional science behind the program. There are millions of women like me who want to be successful but don’t have the tools to do it on their own. I hope I can help inspire them.”
“She is very open about her personal weight struggles and will be appearing in a substantial national advertising campaign to help inform and motivate consumers,” said a NutriSystem spokesperson. “The ads, which were shot on location in Australia during Ms. Jackson’s recent worldwide tour, will debut before the end of the year.”
Jackson’s print and television ads for NutriSystem will be seen on various media platforms through 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here