*We’re not sure if Jay-Z is trying to win over the Occupy Wall Street protesters or making his bid for president. At any rate, the rapper advised the president that he could raise his taxes as long as the money goes to a good cause.
“I wouldn’t mind paying more taxes if it went to the things that really mattered,” Jay-Z told CNN. “If it went to education, to people in poverty, if it went to the right things, I wouldn’t mind.”
His suggestion comes as the president and congressional Republicans debate over competing proposals for extending a payroll-tax cut for working Americans that is set to expire on Jan. 1.
According to the NY Daily News, the government would pay for the extension with higher taxes on families that make $1 million or more. Republicans support the extension but reject any tax increases to pay for it.
The Hip Hop mogul, in all of his influence, asked that there be complete transparency when it comes to the government’s finances and share with the country exactly where tax payers’ money is going.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here