*We’re not sure if Jay-Z is trying to win over the Occupy Wall Street protesters or making his bid for president. At any rate, the rapper advised the president that he could raise his taxes as long as the money goes to a good cause.
“I wouldn’t mind paying more taxes if it went to the things that really mattered,” Jay-Z told CNN. “If it went to education, to people in poverty, if it went to the right things, I wouldn’t mind.”
His suggestion comes as the president and congressional Republicans debate over competing proposals for extending a payroll-tax cut for working Americans that is set to expire on Jan. 1.
According to the NY Daily News, the government would pay for the extension with higher taxes on families that make $1 million or more. Republicans support the extension but reject any tax increases to pay for it.
The Hip Hop mogul, in all of his influence, asked that there be complete transparency when it comes to the government’s finances and share with the country exactly where tax payers’ money is going.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here