*We’re not sure if Jay-Z is trying to win over the Occupy Wall Street protesters or making his bid for president. At any rate, the rapper advised the president that he could raise his taxes as long as the money goes to a good cause.
“I wouldn’t mind paying more taxes if it went to the things that really mattered,” Jay-Z told CNN. “If it went to education, to people in poverty, if it went to the right things, I wouldn’t mind.”
His suggestion comes as the president and congressional Republicans debate over competing proposals for extending a payroll-tax cut for working Americans that is set to expire on Jan. 1.
According to the NY Daily News, the government would pay for the extension with higher taxes on families that make $1 million or more. Republicans support the extension but reject any tax increases to pay for it.
The Hip Hop mogul, in all of his influence, asked that there be complete transparency when it comes to the government’s finances and share with the country exactly where tax payers’ money is going.
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here