*It looks like a judge has taken Michelle Howard’s allegations about her husband serious.
Oscar nominated actor Terrence Howard was ordered Tuesday to stay 100 yards (90 meters) away from his estranged wife after she claimed he repeatedly threatened and hit her during their marriage.
And as we reported earlier, he denies the allegations.
Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon granted the stay-away order sought by Michelle Howard after she filed a lengthy declaration alleging abuse began within a week of the couple’s January 2010 marriage, reports The AP.
The restraining order remains in effect until a Jan. 17 court hearing.
In a text message last week, she claims Howard, 42, has repeatedly hit her and threatened her. She stated in a sworn declaration that she is in constant fear of Howard and has chronic health issues caused by the actor’s treatment.
Howard in his own sworn declaration wrote that he has never threatened his wife and that she has repeatedly vowed to ruin his reputation and release private details.
“I live in constant fear of Michelle’s endeavors to ruin my reputation; even providing this declaration may well lead to my being subjected to a paparazzi blitz which would not be good for my career,” Howard wrote.
Michelle Howard wrote that Howard has hit her several times and threatened to throw her from a hotel balcony in South Africa last year. She included a text message she said he sent to her on Thursday in which he begged her not to pursue the divorce and threaten his career, ending the missive, “I can’t promise how I will respond.”
Howard wrote in his filing that he immediately followed up the message with another text stating that he wasn’t threatening her.
“Despite my efforts to remove myself physically from (Howard’s) life, his periodic mood swings from anger, threats and violence to statements of love and requests for reconciliation continue and have not subsided,” she wrote.
Terrence Howard will be seen next in “Red Tails,” the story of the Tuskegee airmen due for release in January, 2012.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here