It just wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without someone starting a Twitter rumor about a celebrity death.
For the record … Eric Wright Jr. a.k.a. Lil Eazy E is not dead.
We know this for a fact because he called friend and journalist Jasmyne Cannick today and left her a message stating that he’s alive albeit not that well.
Additionally, the Associated Press is reporting that Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Ryan Case said Saturday that Eric Wright Jr.’s name was on a rental agreement for one of the cars that collided Friday in East Texas. He says Wright was mistakenly listed as killed but actually was not involved in the wreck.
Wright, who raps under the stage name is Lil’ Eazy-E, posted on Twitter that close friends died. Those killed in the rental car were: Debra Thompson of Long Beach, Calif.; and Curtis Sanders, Michael Mathis, Lawrence Bridnac III, of Compton, Calif.
Those killed in the other car were 29-year-old Sonia de la Torre, of Annona, and her three young children.
We’re saddened to hear about the loss of Lil E’s cousin and the the 7 other victims, but we’re glad that he’s alive and well.
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here