It just wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without someone starting a Twitter rumor about a celebrity death.
For the record … Eric Wright Jr. a.k.a. Lil Eazy E is not dead.
We know this for a fact because he called friend and journalist Jasmyne Cannick today and left her a message stating that he’s alive albeit not that well.
Additionally, the Associated Press is reporting that Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Ryan Case said Saturday that Eric Wright Jr.’s name was on a rental agreement for one of the cars that collided Friday in East Texas. He says Wright was mistakenly listed as killed but actually was not involved in the wreck.
Wright, who raps under the stage name is Lil’ Eazy-E, posted on Twitter that close friends died. Those killed in the rental car were: Debra Thompson of Long Beach, Calif.; and Curtis Sanders, Michael Mathis, Lawrence Bridnac III, of Compton, Calif.
Those killed in the other car were 29-year-old Sonia de la Torre, of Annona, and her three young children.
We’re saddened to hear about the loss of Lil E’s cousin and the the 7 other victims, but we’re glad that he’s alive and well.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here