It just wouldn’t be New Year’s Eve without someone starting a Twitter rumor about a celebrity death.
For the record … Eric Wright Jr. a.k.a. Lil Eazy E is not dead.
We know this for a fact because he called friend and journalist Jasmyne Cannick today and left her a message stating that he’s alive albeit not that well.
Additionally, the Associated Press is reporting that Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Ryan Case said Saturday that Eric Wright Jr.’s name was on a rental agreement for one of the cars that collided Friday in East Texas. He says Wright was mistakenly listed as killed but actually was not involved in the wreck.
Wright, who raps under the stage name is Lil’ Eazy-E, posted on Twitter that close friends died. Those killed in the rental car were: Debra Thompson of Long Beach, Calif.; and Curtis Sanders, Michael Mathis, Lawrence Bridnac III, of Compton, Calif.
Those killed in the other car were 29-year-old Sonia de la Torre, of Annona, and her three young children.
We’re saddened to hear about the loss of Lil E’s cousin and the the 7 other victims, but we’re glad that he’s alive and well.
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here